[NL20-NL50] NL50 KT, third pair.

• Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      First I iso villain. Maybe my flop bet is to small and should be around $4,5. But I have third pair and don't really want a big pot. But I do want to protect my hand.. So I dont know what is the correct flop play.

Turn I can't fold with my pair+OESD. Maybe he's also drawing, maybe he has already a better hand. So I call because semibluffing against a station generally doesn't work.

River I can't really fold this small bet, especially because sometimes a Tx poppes up in his range. So with the odds I really have to call..

Villain is 54/0/1 over 50 hands.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1377158
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $34.95
      Hero (CO): $50.00
      BTN: $34.25
      SB: $53.40
      BB: $53.05
      UTG: $116.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with K :diamond: T :spade:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 3 folds, MP calls $2

Flop: ($5.75) Q :heart: J :heart: T :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.50, MP calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.75) J :spade: (2 players)
      MP bets $2, Hero calls $2

River: ($16.75) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      MP bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50
  • 5 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      You have to think about what you're betting for on the flop. Is it value or a bluff? I would say here it is very thin as to what you're betting for. You can't expect much worse hands to call, only draws that have a lot of equity against you. No worse made hand is calling here imo. If we think about it as a bluff, I don't think a K, a flush draw, or any Q is folding here, so we're basically just folding out his trash.

After the flop it gets tough, as he's betting so small that we almost have to call, turn is an obvious call with OESD. If his river bet is any bigger we shoulds fold, but I think since we do have a small amount of showdown value we have to call :)
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      That is the dillema I have on the flop. If you look at his VPIP he is most likely to call anything suited. So he can have things like OESD, gutshot and flushdraws on the flop. Therefore I can extract value out of those. On the other hand he also has some Qx and Jx hands in his range.

Therefore it is difficult to determine if I should bet of check imo.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Really huge isolation raise with KT
      I wouldn´t really go any larger than 2$ that spot
      Flop c-bet is standard, since you have showdown value, he would c/c you with worse hands and you can call c/r
      I´d personally would raise/fold turn for free showdown, since I don´t think he would bet out Jx that small and on the river you get too good odds to fold.
      He may easily have there T9 or 99
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      Don't you turn your hand into a bluf when you raise the turn? I don't really see him calling with worse? And if he has a weak showdown type of hand he wouldn't really bet big on the river so I don't think you would need to raise for a free showdown. Or am I seeing things wrong?

Also with the isolation. When I iso smaller with weaker hands wouldn't I be readable and a prey to light 3betters when they notice it? Or do you always iso 4bb instead of 4bb+1bb for each limper

Thx for the judging :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RicoW
      Don't you turn your hand into a bluf when you raise the turn? I don't really see him calling with worse? And if he has a weak showdown type of hand he wouldn't really bet big on the river so I don't think you would need to raise for a free showdown. Or am I seeing things wrong?

Also with the isolation. When I iso smaller with weaker hands wouldn't I be readable and a prey to light 3betters when they notice it? Or do you always iso 4bb instead of 4bb+1bb for each limper

Thx for the judging :D
      - well, since it seems like draw, he may easily b/c there flushdraws or pair+draw type hands and best of all you don´t have to face river potsize bet. So although you don´t have to raise I don´t see why not to raise if you´re often ahead and should also protect your hand

- depends how many limpers are, but I would generally not go larger than 4bb against one limper, since my standard opening size are 3bb. I´d 4x both my strong and marginal hands.