This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 JJ 3bet pot

• joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      im not a huge fan of my call OOP but i wasnted to see a flop and play post flop with him.

as an over pair i donk to see if he has anything. when he calls i am ready to give up the hand

i def made a note after this one..

is this play okay? should i just fold pre? i feel like JJ is too strong to fold pre, should at least see a flop?

PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $1.76
      UTG: $2.39
      Hero (UTG+1): $2.19
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $3.28
      LP: $3.52
      CO: $1.24
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $2.10

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.28, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.59, 2 players) 8:spade: 5:heart: 5:spade:
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.19, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.19, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (Two Pair, Jacks and Fives) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      BTN shows K:spade: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      BTN wins $1.14
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello joeldowey123,

Preflop: Often times on those limits the 3bet is very strong and therefore for Calling the 3bet you rather have to know the opponent. And while even being OOP I would even advice to rather fold the hand unless we know the opponent. But of course Calling is doable.

As played
      Postflop: If you even Called it preflop then why don't you give him a chance of CBetting while he was PFA with hands what are just overcard type of hands. Rather let him CBet and Check/Call and reevaluate it on further streets. And of course the donk sizing ain't the best either, should be a bit bigger ~$0,40.

Best regards.