TURN ($5.40) T:heart: 6:heart: 8:spade: A:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.80, SB folds

Hero shows A:heart: A:spade:

Hero wins $5.13

48/11/2.5

steal from SB 33 (12)
      fold to cbet 80
      hands 166

I slowplay aces preflop because his stealing range is wide, so he will fold many of his hands. And I have position on him

Now on flop he raises big, but I think I cannot flop yet my strong overpair, having in mind that I slowplayed them preflop and he does not put me on AA.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: If he is so loose then why don't you just 3bet for value? :) I would likely do it against any opponent on those limits. No need to slowplay in just a 2bet pot.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much to do and of course exactly those kind of situations happen. What if he would have bet it on turn and it wasn't the A?

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If he is so loose then why don't you just 3bet for value?

even if he is loose he still folds so many hands when I 3bet so I hate it :) but probably next time I will 3bet anyway and hope he has some pair or something which he will call.

What if he would have bet it on turn and it wasn't the A?

I think I would call his bet then, because I slowplayed aces and he never could think that I have them. I beat overpairs, draws, top pairs. Unless he bets like pot size, then without reads I cannot be sure I am ahead.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      even if he is loose he still folds so many hands when I 3bet so I hate it

Then let it be. :) And be happy if you win the money rather than get sucked out like in this case very easily could be the case.

I think I would call his bet then, because I slowplayed aces and he never could think that I have them. I beat overpairs, draws, top pairs. Unless he bets like pot size, then without reads I cannot be sure I am ahead.

And this exactly is why you should 3bet. :) While you could just so easily here be against sets/2pairs and even stronger hands.