This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH AA slowplay

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.02)
      Hero ($11.66)
      UTG ($3.45)
      UTG+1 ($17.27)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10.15)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.80) T:heart: 6:heart: 8:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $2.30, Hero calls $1.80

TURN ($5.40) T:heart: 6:heart: 8:spade: A:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.80, SB folds

Hero shows A:heart: A:spade:

Hero wins $5.13

48/11/2.5

steal from SB 33 (12)
      fold to cbet 80
      hands 166

I slowplay aces preflop because his stealing range is wide, so he will fold many of his hands. And I have position on him

Now on flop he raises big, but I think I cannot flop yet my strong overpair, having in mind that I slowplayed them preflop and he does not put me on AA.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: If he is so loose then why don't you just 3bet for value? :) I would likely do it against any opponent on those limits. No need to slowplay in just a 2bet pot.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much to do and of course exactly those kind of situations happen. What if he would have bet it on turn and it wasn't the A?

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      If he is so loose then why don't you just 3bet for value?

even if he is loose he still folds so many hands when I 3bet so I hate it :) but probably next time I will 3bet anyway and hope he has some pair or something which he will call.

What if he would have bet it on turn and it wasn't the A?

I think I would call his bet then, because I slowplayed aces and he never could think that I have them. I beat overpairs, draws, top pairs. Unless he bets like pot size, then without reads I cannot be sure I am ahead.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      even if he is loose he still folds so many hands when I 3bet so I hate it

Then let it be. :) And be happy if you win the money rather than get sucked out like in this case very easily could be the case.

I think I would call his bet then, because I slowplayed aces and he never could think that I have them. I beat overpairs, draws, top pairs. Unless he bets like pot size, then without reads I cannot be sure I am ahead.

And this exactly is why you should 3bet. :) While you could just so easily here be against sets/2pairs and even stronger hands.