Negative Feedback - 1st time playing @ Everest

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      So...

I got the $50 to play @ Everest and decided to give it a try. Sorry but I didn't like the software at all and decided to leave my (constructive) feedback to: 1) get cross-feedback from other members 'cause maybe I'm wrong in my impressions; 2) help improve the site; 3) reference for other/future players.

Let's go:

a) visuals are really bad overall. Even the 6max table is cramped. As all players are above or below the table, there is no space for a decent HUD except the sides, leaving HUD away from some player names. And that's considering the table resizing is quite limited and the table only gets so small (I can fix 6 tables on my laptop screen @ party poker but only 2 @ Everest). To conclude the visual issues, the background is "polluted" and bets are not clearly visible. I don't know if it's the colour, or font, or both, but I just can't see the bets and amounts easily on the table. Not an issue playing 1 or 2 tables but I would def. feel VERY unconfortable playing 6+ tables.

a.i.) Cards are horrible looking, especially facecards, and apparently you can't change them.

a.ii.) there are a billion green buttons on the table, all the same colour, many the same size. So you have, say: fold, call, minbet, bet pot, all side by side and same size and colour. Makes it very hard for fast and accurate decisions/clicks. All the other gazzilion buttons on the screen are also green so it's hard to easily identify the action buttons when, well, it's time for action.

b) no autorebuy to max option on cash tables? Maybe I didn't find it... if it's true, well, I don't even have to state how bad that is.

c) betslider is horrible. No mousewheel? No 1/2 pot, 2/3 pot, etc., buttons? It's either minbet, potsize or all-in; then to put the amount you want you can't use mousewheel. Again VERY annoying, especially multitabling.

d) table with action didn't always pop up/beeped when action was on me. I can't figure out why as it often does pop up and beep. But I lost several turns because I failed to realize it was my turn in the first place as the tables were in the background.

e) player notes are not visible from table? In any other platform you can see the notes by just leaving the mouse pointer over a player's name/icon/avatar. But apparently you can't do that @ Everest and have to click twice (not a double click but click two different places) to check a note. Very handy when having to make a quick decision :f_rolleyes:

These are only first impressions, but I must say I didn't like the experience so far. Not comfortable at all. I keep regretting my party and stars accounts is not linked to party (I'm sure I'd be at least platinum already) and Full Tilt is out. After I got the free $50 I thought Everest would be a nice choice but apparently not...
  • 15 replies
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I just want them to introduce some speed tables (don't leave out the micros).
    • henrysimbre88
      henrysimbre88
      Bronze
      i agree with you the best site for me is fulltilt then partypoker .. even though i applied for the free 50 on everest.. may i ask how long did it take for it to be credited in ur account?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by henrysimbre88
      i agree with you the best site for me is fulltilt then partypoker .. even though i applied for the free 50 on everest.. may i ask how long did it take for it to be credited in ur account?
      A couple of days at most.

But it was not my 1st starting capital so that might speed up things as ID checks have already been made etc. (just guessing here).

edit: just as a complement, I got my 1st starting capital @ Full Tilt.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      So I tried to play 4 tables. Awful, ridiculously clumsy.

The betting slide problem is huge and aggravated by the fact that if you click in the amount box the number is not highlighted. That means you have to manually delete the pre-existing amount and then type what you want.

What happens is before you actually type the bet size you want, it's your turn in another table and the other table pops up. Then you click back to the first table to damn type the bet amount but before you do it yet another table pops up during the process. You click back to the first table, but before you finish action your turn is over, then you click back to the second table and your time is up there too.

I'm not exaggerating, it happened more than once. And I can easily 12 table 6max @ Party.

It would be funny if not disastrous as sometimes the tables do NOT pop up at all when it's my turn so I fold and am dealt out without notice.

Thanks a lot for the free $50 (now 55) but unfortunately it seems I won't use it much...

No wonder the site is famous for having a weak field. Maybe the software is enough to learn and play 1 or 2 tables, but it is FAR from comfortable for a decent session.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I agree with all of the above, it is really bad.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      I've played on Everest for a couple of months that was just to grind out the dep bonuses then moved back to Titan and I completely agree the software is 1 of the worst their is.
    • kriko92
      kriko92
      Bronze
      I've played at Everest for some days because I got my 50$ there and I agree that the software is really bad, but at Nl2 the players are much worse compared to FTP, so Everest is not that bad and I will continue to play there for now :)
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Worst software ever!

Best players ever to play against!

Your choice...
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      One thing I hate about everest is they cannot extract hand history from their server. So if you lost it, there's nothing they can do about it.

About the software. I got a reply from them that they're developing a new sofware. It's gonna be done 12-24 months. :D
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cpers
      [...]It's gonna be done 12-24 months. :D
      lol at the timeframe... :D
    • svendeucer
      svendeucer
      Bronze
      Have to agree on every point. Although I am enjoying the money to play around with as I take a break from grinding once I get back into it ,even though the play is ridiculously soft ,I won't be grinding here at all.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      I'm the only one i guess?

I like the software, its easy to multitable (apart from minimum table size which you can shrink with donk resizer), its certainly better then Ongame, Entraction, Party and i hate ipoker also. Merge is running smooth and with all the options but ugly.
      Obviously Ft and stars are well ahead, but Everest is better then average.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by milanandonov

I like the software, its easy to multitable (apart from minimum table size which you can shrink with donk resizer), its certainly better then Ongame, Entraction, Party and i hate ipoker also. Merge is running smooth and with all the options but ugly.
      What do you think Everest has that makes it better than Party (software-wise)?

I don't think Everest is better than 888 as well, and I don't really like 888. But I don't know Ongame or Entraction so can't compare.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Originally posted by milanandonov

What do you think Everest has that makes it better than Party (software-wise)?

I don't think Everest is better than 888 as well, and I don't really like 888. But I don't know Ongame or Entraction so can't compare.
      Actually Everest software doesn't offer more functions like percentage of a pot bet or opening new sng after previous, like some other do, its more my subjective feeling its kind of a smoother than Party and better looking imo. 888 poker i didn't try so i can'talk about it
    • sebralane
      sebralane
      Bronze
      yeah
      soft is horrible
      but not as bad as partys...
      the resizing update they made was totaly fail tho imo...
      i remember times when u could 9tabel in everest...
      good old good old....