How far can u go with SSS?

• Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      I mean, is there a limit at where you cant play it with profit anymore?

I played .10/.20, had mine ups and downs, but with time i build bankroll for .25/.50. Same as on level before, had better periods, losing streaks but I was patient and finally got to 800$, bankroll for .50/1!...

I ve been playing it last 3 days, as allways, patiently, and without doing crazy calls or something like that. Playing same as before. But, still... on this level, after cca 10 hours of playing i droped down to 650$ !!!....

I know there are bad streaks, bad luck & bad beats (had it now, just like before, nothing new) but it seams to me that besides that, its impossible to play SSS on .50/1$ level...

I am playing 10 tables at once, constantly changing tables and allways looking for those with most plr/flop percentage, but I must say, at this level players are too tight... Its not just one table, one hour, or one session... It keeps repeating and repeating...

So, as i put in the title, how far can u go with SSS? Is .50/1 level where everything changes?

your toughts? experience?

btw, i am going back to .25/.50, had excellent run there...
  • 9 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      At the moment I am climbing NL 400 with SSS. I`ve recently moved a part of my roll to pokerstars, which only allow me to play NL 100. I just started playing there and plan to play 30k hands in the next 5 days. I will send you this sample, if you want.
      I play 20+ tables now)

I believe you can beat this limit even without using PaHUD, but you should start using it, at least, for educational purposes.
      Game adjustments are pretty light. Loosen up pre-flop a bit, limp from late, when it is profitable. you can also change betting pattern, bet 3.5BB from CO and 3BB from BU. When openraising from blinds, raise 5BB + 1BB per limper. and stealing...

everything else require statistics, but if you have some solid samples you can resteal from time to time.

post your hands and study some theory. Hands from advanced coachings, in SSS sample hands forum, show some very good examples of what kind of adjustments you will have to make. check them

good luck)
    • Eclipt
      Eclipt
      Bronze
      I have a question a bit offtopic.

Which room do you find the best to play NL50 and NL100 SSS?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi xylere!

Nice plans. Keep us up-to-date!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      Tnx for replys...

I didnt mention that, atm, i am playing at TitanPoker, but i think at the end, it doesnt really matter... does it?

xylere, what is PaHUD?

As for suggestions about stealing, becoming more loose and stuff... aswell as posting hands and making adjustment to my game... I understand all that, but I am mainly worried about a fact :

At .50/1 I am getting 3-4 times less callers on my raise...

I can play NL50 and get 5 times more preflop allin situations (where I am most of the time ahead) compared to NL100 games...

Yesterday, when i played NL100 games on 10 tables, after 1 hour, I had 9 out of 10 starting tables without single all-in situation (on one, my AA got sucked out vs 77, with flush). ONE whole hour!! At NL50 I am changing tables every 10-20 minutes... I double my buyin and move on...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      how big is your sample on NL 100? I guess its just a variance... players are bad on NL 100, so just take your time.

Which room do you find the best to play NL50 and NL100 SSS?

I didnt mention that, atm, i am playing at TitanPoker, but i think at the end, it doesnt really matter... does it?

you are right, it doesn`t matter. Maybe I wouldn`t recommend PP as a starting platform for SSS, since the low limits there are full with other shorties. but for NL 50+ it is not a problem any more, so depends on your preferences (software, etc)

xylere, what is PaHUD?

Poker ace, the software to display stats on your opponents/
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      I believe you can beat this limit even without using PaHUD, but you should start using it, at least, for educational purposes.
      Game adjustments are pretty light. Loosen up pre-flop a bit, limp from late, when it is profitable. you can also change betting pattern, bet 3.5BB from CO and 3BB from BU. When openraising from blinds, raise 5BB + 1BB per limper. and stealing...
      I agree with Xylere, i am playing NL50 for about 10 days now and made something like 10k hands or more...i would say that you "must" adjust your play like Xylere said, i noticed that, i am now arround 1PTBB/100 and i am not satisfied, but this is just a due that i didnt adjust my play and first 5k hands playing the same like on NL25 i was on breakeven...Why loosen up is to the fact that players are better and they "respect your raises" more, so using more semi-bluffs, stealing, re-stealing with proper card in proper situation can be profitable...I would say also that postflop play must be adjusted a little bit, must be more agreesive with good draws and hands and you must also fold more when not hiting cards...
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze

I switched to .25/.50 and in last session lost another 70$...

If I look back from where i started using SSS I am back to 0... In 5-6 days I won 200$ and lost it in last 2 days...

Its amazing... I was so into this SSS, i couldnt stop playing it, i played it 100% "by the book"... cant believe this is just "bad luck"...

Is it possibble that most of players have pokertracker and all can see that i play less then 10% of hands so I am getting called only with AA, KK, QQ?

Before i remember getting called with all kind of hands, now, when i am finally called, in 60% I am dog...
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Bojan1983!

I strongly recommend that you post your hands in our sample hand boards. It will improve your game even if you say you are playing "100% by the book".

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      Are you selecting tables wisely?

Try going for only those with a large average pot size and you should get more action with your monster hands.