+++Summer Holiday plans+++

• IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Where is everyone going this summer?

Also, how do you prepare for holidays... : where / how do you search?
      Are you looking for relaxing or more active holidays during summer?

I'm thinking about mine..so love to hear all the juicy details. :]

:heart:
      Ingi
  • 17 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      u've already got yours all planned.... well at least if u didnt, u had someone who would have planned it for you too.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I'm not sure what you mean Rio :)

I really haven't got much planned except going to visit some friends & family but would also like to go and have a real holiday too :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      :coolface:

nice plans there anyway!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      my plans for summer are work, work and more work :D

I prepare for this by setting my alarm to 5am everynight before i go to sleep :f_mad:

Where you going on holiday Ingrid? Anywhere exotic?
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      I'm off to California for 3 weeks with my gf to visit some of her family on Monday! CANNOT wait. (doing as much grinding as i can until then haha)

We jut booked the flights as we'll most likely be staying with her family for most of it, but we have booked some motels, and also a couple nights in Yosemite National Park in a already-made tent. And there are bears in the woods haha! gonna be class

Aside from that, me and 5 of my best mates are heading to Vegas in novmeber while the final table is being played. Gonna kick ass!!

we booked that back in January to get a good deal! flights and 7 mights in MGM Signiture Suite for under £1k will do nicely!!

ive got a good few months coming up :s_cool:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Not sure at the moment as just had one!! We are planning on another one about september/october though this is dependent on if we buy a boat or not as this will deplete our funds!!

Roo :P
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      summer just finished! its back to school now :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      summer just finished! its back to school now :)
      really? summer flew away ... :( and I didn't even have a proper holiday. sigh...
    • beachbum29
      beachbum29
      Gold
      I take the easy way and just bug off to the Canary islands year after year, just can’t go wrong with those, the easy Spanish way of life, the diversified landscapes, the nearly golden beaches, the beautiful women in holiday mood (maybe not quite as appealing to OP), not to mention the food, a splendid nightlife on certain islands, superb hiking opportunities, great opportunities to learn Spanish, either in classes or single lessons, boat trips into the blue sea, diving. Just a great place to have mixture of relaxation and action holidays, and then there is of course the mount Tide on Tenerife, though I must say my favorite island so far is La Isla de la Gomera.
      They are easy to reach if you live in Gibraltar as well.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      I plan to play poker and probably a lot :)
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      Magaluf in September :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by beachbum29
      superb hiking opportunities,
      you touched my heart with this :) I love hiking!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      :D hope we can see some pics after that trip!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Not sure at the moment as just had one!! We are planning on another one about september/october though this is dependent on if we buy a boat or not as this will deplete our funds!!

Roo :P
      a boat? I'm afraid of deep sea...so I need more land :)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Working until I am able to resign(hopefully aug11) then another month resignation period, then hopefully finding a less horrible work!

Had 2 weeks off 13th-26th of june though, was lovely!

Regards,
      Richard
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      i went there on my first 'proper' lads' holiday when I was 18.

such an epic holiday and a great place. Been a bit rubbish since then with 'sun/sea/sand' holidays and only went to Bulgaria (hugely recommended) last year as generally I prefer holidays where you can get out and do stuff. I get hugely bored by just lying on the beach etc and can't relax unless I'm doing something.

as for this year, well, here in Gib you kinda live in the place where others go on holiday, so I plan to take a bit of advantage of that. Think my parents will come and visit in August so maybe a little road trip around Andalucia is in order.

Other than that, I'd like to go to Germany because I haven't been there in a couple of years and the Black Forest is [x] confirmed one of the most beautiful places in the world, although that might wait until October or so.

On top of that (wait, do I have so many vacation days left? :D ) I'd really love to go visit Riga in the winter time. Went in May (for work) and really really liked it (helped that we went with a hometown girl) and could imagine that it's just literally stunning in the winter time, so well up for that.

Then next year....Vegas. Bit of a shame that I've been 21 for *ahem* some years now and still haven't been, so I'll have to fix that, especially after Pleno1's epic trip report from this year. Obviously it'd then be my plan to win the world, incl Main Event, obv. gl with that ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      awesome plans Marc :heart: