$89.72
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP1:
      $11.98
      MP2:
      $12.67

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, J.
      UTG1 raises to $1.00, UTG2 calls $1.00, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.35) 8, 5, 2 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 checks, Hero bets $2.50, UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $7.25, Hero calls $4.75.

Turn: ($17.85) T (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $9.50, Hero raises to $23.53(All-In), UTG2 calls $7.25(All-In).

River: ($58.13) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $58.13.

Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, jack high(9s Js).
      UTG2 shows a full-house, eights full of tens(8c 8h).

UTG2 wins with a full-house, eights full of tens(8c 8h).

I am pretty sure that he has a set.

Was planning to fold on the turn if my straight didnt come but end up having a flush draw.

Can I fold on the turn even thou i am pretty sure that He has a set?

Or do i call instead of shove?

Thanks!!!
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      well no-one would b/f set and he would stack off on every river card, so unless you would bluff him on pure bluff that would b/f turn I would prefer just calling and then getting all-in if I hit my straight or flush
    • Evante
      Evante
      Bronze
      so i can ignore those theory about pot commitment when i know i am surely beat?
      I only shove the turn if i think i can make him fold right?
      Thanks!!!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Evante,

Preflop: Even Calling those gappers I wouldn't really advice. Try taking a look into the hand how you play them, especially suited 1gappers. And if you see that you are playing them profitable by Calling like this then you can continue but definitely keep an eye on them. We can't play them very profitable by just Calling and hoping for a hit. Since there are a lot better flushes possible and we wont hit often enough our hand.

As played
      Flop: Not really a huge fan actually of Calling here. The problem is that we can't even be sure if he is going to pay us. And if the board pairs? Any 2 already has to be discounted so therefore we need on turn ~$11. But can you be sure that you will always get it? I'd really be inclined even to Bet/Fold it and leave it here. Than pick the pretty much gamble spot. And might just put us into difficult plays as what even happened. Like us hitting a TP or a OESD for add-one equity.

As played
      Turn: Rather just fold the hand. :) We don't get that great odds anymore. That's as well why I'd even be inclined to fold the hand on flop if we are going to make such mistakes.

Best regards.