[NL2-NL10] AQ Top Pair Top Kicker > a Poor Play?

• gingebread1za
      gingebread1za
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/handreplayer/forum/730837/

Please review my play - I'm an all out beginner.

It seems to me that either my opponent was playing the draw or got lucky with the trip 9's but I also think I might have made a weak play having entered this pot at all.

My mind initially was to probe/mix up my play but when the Queen hit I figured I had Top Pair Top Kicker. In a previous hand my opponent had gone all-in with A4o and had squat so I thought I'd have a fair shot shoving on this hand but it took most of my stack out with this poor call.

Advice anyone?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gingebread1za,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Don't like the donk that much. The problem with donking is that if you do that and he ships you will just never know where you stand and of course if you do donk vs stack we can't really fold. While he may easily even shove with worse hands+FD or whatsoever hands.

And of course we could even talk about preflop play, what do you expect him to do that with the min-raise?

Best regards.