PokerStars Speeds Up Software Dealing Speed

• PokerStarsSteve
      PokerStarsSteve
      Bronze
      After listening to player feedback, we have enacted changes in the PokerStars software to speed up dealing in certain situations. A few other related changes have been made as well, though in most cases the time a player has to act on their hand has not been affected. Read below for more details.

Non-Satellite Sit & Go Tournaments
      Hyper Turbo Sit & Go Tournaments are most affected by the changes. Players in these tournaments will have 12 seconds to act on their hand instead of 16. Several other dealing speed improvements including time taken between hands and speed of dealing cards once players are all-in have also been made.

All other Sit & Go tournaments have had dealing speed reduced, but not quite as much. Cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

Players in regular speed Sit & Go’s will now have 16 seconds to act on their hand, reduced from 18 seconds.

The time taken to start dealing after all players have registered and been seated has been reduced for many popular Sit & Go tournaments. Many Heads-up and Hyper speed tournaments now start after only a 10 second delay. Other popular tournaments start after 20 seconds.

Scheduled Tournaments, Satellites, and Step Tournaments

Dealing speed has been increased in these tournaments similar to the changes made in Sit & Go’s. Cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

Players in some tournaments will experience slightly different amounts of time to act on their hand. This is as a result of standardizing this setting across all tournaments.

Hyper-turbo satellites have been sped up drastically. These satellites will run at the same speed as hyper-turbo cash S&Gs.

These changes will not take place for all future tournaments, but will instead filter their way into the tournament schedule over the next few weeks.

Ring Games

As with all tournaments, cards dealt after all action is complete due to players being all-in are now dealt twice as fast. The time between all hands being shown or mucked and the next hand being dealt has also been reduced by one second per hand.

The delay prior to dealing the first hand of a session at a table has been reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

The changes to ring games will not have a significant impact on the number of hands played per hour at this point in time. PokerStars is considering further changes that may include changes to the amount of time players have to act on their hand.

Comments about playing experience at ring game tables are appreciated. In particular, if there is anything about the ring game experience other than players’ time to act that seems too slow or too fast we’d love to know.

Request for Comments

While PokerStars never stops considering player feedback, in this case we are particularly interested in response to these changes. Additional tweaks are possible if desired by players as a whole. Thanks in advance for any constructive suggestions.

Thanks to all players who have already provided input that helped us make this round of changes. Special thanks to all of those who helped test these settings on PokerStars.test and provided helpful input.
  • 17 replies
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      very good update, should get more hands per blind in :O
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      thank you Steve for letting us know
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thank you Steve! :)
    • batukas
      batukas
      Bronze
      well i played nordic freeroll (45 sng) and i really felt that game is a lot faster than usuall... and i don't really liked that, i liked the way it was. I don't know if it's just me but i liked a moment of pause after all-ins are made.. now it just feels if u need to rush somewhere, it's like playing hyper-turbo or smth: ) well maybe it's just first impression..
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      basically been able to play more hands per blind level increase one's edge at early stage. So it should be good for you if you are not a recreational player

;)

Thazar
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      basically been able to play more hands per blind level increase one's edge at early stage. So it should be good for you if you are not a recreational player

;)

Thazar

I wish they limit open tables to 16. That would speed the game..

and remove blink on the player to act avatar.. Argh how I hate it..

P.S I miss FTP, I can’t stand to play on stars
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zamoda

;)

Thazar

+1 on missing FTP software.

speeding up the games is a good thing, but probably wont make too much difference, I would not like to see a reduction in the time to act

The worst thing is that when you are typing a note on a player or some chat when another table pops up the typing stops too. :f_frown:
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder

;)

Thazar

speeding up the games is a good thing, but probably wont make too much difference, I would not like to see a reduction in the time to act

The worst thing is that when you are typing a note on a player or some chat when another table pops up the typing stops too. :f_frown:

Oh, notes on FTP in separate window is so much better than stars.. I don’t even bother taking notes on stars, just tagging players with colors
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global

;)

Thazar

Oh, notes on FTP in separate window is so much better than stars.. I don’t even bother taking notes on stars, just tagging players with colors
      Also on stars u can take your note in separate window. Gl
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Guys, get familiar with the software before you start complaining about it.

About the changes, I really like them.
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      pff, but to do that you have to detach chat window
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      pff, but to do that you have to detach chat window
      Wwwoooow one click and its done! Be serious guys. Go play on everest or 888 .
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      I really really like this change :)

I just couldn't handle the slowroll of the turn and river.

Ty Steve
    • ReaZoN999
      ReaZoN999
      Bronze

;)

Thazar

There is an option for that!
    • mktpppr
      mktpppr
      Silver
      good update, thx PokerStars
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      The only sad, sad, part is my PokerStars account isn't tracked at PokerStrategy.com

If Full Tilt gets back, i might return there just because of this condition. :f_cry:
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cojonel

;)

Thazar

Also on stars u can take your note in separate window. Gl
      Options>Advanced Multitable Options> Don't steal focus from chat and notes

Problem solved