This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AJo vs very LAG player

• foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4,4
      Hero:
      $4,56

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (2 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , J:spade: . SB posts a blind of $0,04.
      Hero raises to $0,12, SB raises to $0,40, Hero calls $0,28.

Flop: ($0,80) T:spade: , 5:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,57, Hero calls $0,57.

Turn: ($1,94) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,38, Hero calls $1,38.

River: ($4,70) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4,70

when he checks on river I'm pretty sure I've got the best hand, but take a free showdown just in case, do i miss any value here?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling the 3bet?

As played
      Postflop: River is anyways pretty thin, I don't think that he is going to Call with worse hands either. And sometimes he might even go for Check/Raise with nuts so I'd as well Check behind there and take a look into his hand.

Best regards.
    • foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      i called 3bet preflop because i thought my AJ was strong enough against his range, and i have a position on him post flop and could extract value if i hit :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by foolboydesire
      i called 3bet preflop because i thought my AJ was strong enough against his range, and i have a position on him post flop and could extract value if i hit :)
      If he is 3betting you light then I'd be even inclined to 4bet. But of course Calling is an option if he really has been 3betting a lot. But that you just thought that your AJ might good ain't enough. :( We as well have to know that the opponent can do 3bets very loosely.