Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1
      Hero:
      $0,68

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0,08, 3 folds, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,17) A:diamond: , 6:spade: , 4:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,17) J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,12, Hero calls $0,12.

River: ($0,41) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,29, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0,70

Hi. SHC tells us to bet here, but I saw checking behind as a better option. There is nothing my opponent could call here except Ax or 66, 44. I decided to call any turn card (except K), because even though BB can value bet here with AJ-A8, he also can bluff bet with pocket pairs like 77-99 and in this case Jx hands like QJ, KJ, JT (BB seemed aggressive preflop, I think he has low Ax or some face cards, which were to weak to 3bet). My plan was to check behind or fold river to a bet. If BB bets again, he has an ace or better.
  • 7 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JohnDoe1313,

Nice hand. Check back on the flop is better than c-bet because you are in way ahead/way behind situation and if you bet you will most likely only be called by better hands.

On the river, I like your fold because I don't think he will bluff barrel twice and Ax is in his range a lot.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Just a question, how profitable can MSS be on SH?
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Thanks Burek2000 :)

Hello Nathanrenard. If you ask me, I don't know. The hand is 5 handed, because I had paid my blinds on FR and 4 people left at once. This was my last hand before the BB came to me, because of lack of players. Sorry I cannot help you with that.
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      I wanted to try and find some strategys on 6max mss. Let me know if you find it.

Ot:
      Nice fold :)

Matt
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I don't think there are any articles on MSS for SH tables yet.

The thing with SH tables is it can be just as profitable as FR, more profitable or less profitable, it depends on your opponents and how good/bad they are. However, before you go to SH tables you have to master steals and resteals because otherwise you will burn all your profit on the blinds as you have to pay them more often in SH.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Thanks burek, could you suggest a range for sh? or like a copy of the original mss with some things added or crossed out so we could get an idea. For steals and resteals should we be focusing on the player more or the cards we hold?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RubyWesson
      Thanks burek, could you suggest a range for sh? or like a copy of the original mss with some things added or crossed out so we could get an idea. For steals and resteals should we be focusing on the player more or the cards we hold?
      Sorry for late reply.

I didn't test SH tables much, but from what I did see is they're looser and more dynamic. I would advise to have a look at MSS - advanced preflop I and II articles for gold members. I believe using standard and extended SHC by disregarding the early position should be good enough in general. However I would focus more on the 3-betting strategy described in second article as when to 3-bet for value and when as a bluff. 3-betting becomes more important on SH tables.

As for steals/resteals, focusing on player is more important than focusing on your cards because on one hand there are quite some players who steal 100% and adapt if you play back at them and players who steal ~10% and never fold on the other hand.

I wouldn't advise players with less than gold status to try SH tables, though.

Best regards,
      burek2000