How did I play this hand...?

• VallartaPV
      VallartaPV
      Bronze
      Middle Tournament. Blinds 100/200--

I am on the big blind with AQ suited spades. One caller infront of me. Next person raises to 400. One person calls. Then I call. Then the player after me calls.

4players are now in. The flop comes Q.J.4,...J4 are spades. I am first attack so I raise 4BBs' ($800)..Player after me folds. The person who raised per-flop re-raises me to $2000. I at this point have $2500. So I re-raise all in.
      He turns over Pokets AA's,... I lose the hand without catching a Q or spade.

How did I play this hand..?? Good or bad or should I have folded....??

I like others input please reply.
  • 7 replies
    • VallartaPV
      VallartaPV
      Bronze
      Middle Tournament. Blinds 100/200--

I am on the big blind with AQ suited spades. One caller infront of me. Next person raises to 400. One person calls. Then I call. Then the player after me calls.

4players are now in. The flop comes Q.J.4,...J4 are spades. I am first attack so I raise 4BBs' ($800)..Player after me folds. The person who raised per-flop re-raises me to $2000. I at this point have $2500. So I re-raise all in.
      He turns over Pokets AA's,... I lose the hand without catching a Q or spade.

How did I play this hand..?? Good or bad or should I have folded....??

I like others input please reply.
    • GustavsB
      GustavsB
      Bronze
      u need to uninstaall all poker softs from PC :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      bad, AA is much, much better than AQ
    • sumitabh
      sumitabh
      Bronze
      i think it ws the right thing to do.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi VallartaPV,

was this a sitngo? or mtt? what was the buy in? i am just asking so that i can move your thread to the relevant section.

if you didnt know yet, we have a hand evaluation forum where professional hand judges can take a look at your hand and how it played :) its a very good tool to further improve your game. you can also see other people's hands and comment on them as well :)

smiles,
      wendy

of course, so many factors can come into play, but if you wanted to know your strict equity, I can check on the PokerStrategy Equilator for you. :) you can download this software for free in our download section.

AA vs AQs on that flop he wins 56.4% of the time and you will win 43.6% of the time. hope that helps!
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Probably fold pre with 3 people already in the pot OOP?
    • VallartaPV
      VallartaPV
      Bronze
      This was a MTT, and a $3 +.30 buy in . Yes you can move this post to the proper area. thankx