This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How did I play this hand...?

• VallartaPV
      VallartaPV
      Bronze
      Middle Tournament. Blinds 100/200--

I am on the big blind with AQ suited spades. One caller infront of me. Next person raises to 400. One person calls. Then I call. Then the player after me calls.

4players are now in. The flop comes Q.J.4,...J4 are spades. I am first attack so I raise 4BBs' ($800)..Player after me folds. The person who raised per-flop re-raises me to $2000. I at this point have $2500. So I re-raise all in.
      He turns over Pokets AA's,... I lose the hand without catching a Q or spade.

How did I play this hand..?? Good or bad or should I have folded....??

I like others input please reply.
  • 7 replies
    • VallartaPV
      VallartaPV
      Bronze
      Middle Tournament. Blinds 100/200--

I am on the big blind with AQ suited spades. One caller infront of me. Next person raises to 400. One person calls. Then I call. Then the player after me calls.

4players are now in. The flop comes Q.J.4,...J4 are spades. I am first attack so I raise 4BBs' ($800)..Player after me folds. The person who raised per-flop re-raises me to $2000. I at this point have $2500. So I re-raise all in.
      He turns over Pokets AA's,... I lose the hand without catching a Q or spade.

How did I play this hand..?? Good or bad or should I have folded....??

I like others input please reply.
    • GustavsB
      GustavsB
      Bronze
      u need to uninstaall all poker softs from PC :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      bad, AA is much, much better than AQ
    • sumitabh
      sumitabh
      Bronze
      i think it ws the right thing to do.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi VallartaPV,

was this a sitngo? or mtt? what was the buy in? i am just asking so that i can move your thread to the relevant section.

if you didnt know yet, we have a hand evaluation forum where professional hand judges can take a look at your hand and how it played :) its a very good tool to further improve your game. you can also see other people's hands and comment on them as well :)

smiles,
      wendy

of course, so many factors can come into play, but if you wanted to know your strict equity, I can check on the PokerStrategy Equilator for you. :) you can download this software for free in our download section.

AA vs AQs on that flop he wins 56.4% of the time and you will win 43.6% of the time. hope that helps!
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Probably fold pre with 3 people already in the pot OOP?
    • VallartaPV
      VallartaPV
      Bronze
      This was a MTT, and a $3 +.30 buy in . Yes you can move this post to the proper area. thankx