Is there an instruction manual?

• Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Ok, is there some sort of instruction manual which explains how to use this? I don't get the equity trainer. It seems to be either preset as blind defence or defaults to completely random. There's a bunch of functions I just don't quite get.

Is there some sort of user friendly guide for this?
  • 3 replies
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      As far as I know, there is no comprehensive Equilab's manual. There is a manual, but only elementary manual, about how to set range, cards, etc.

I think the software is quite clear and no need for manual. If you have a question why not ask it here in this forum?
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Ok. When setting ranges: I set a VIP of 40% for a maniac fish...then I set his PFR of 4%. How does this affect the calculation? He limp calls most of the time... does equilab use the 40% VIP to calculate or the 4% PFR or some combination of the 2?

How about a clear explanation of the scenario analyzer. It's a mystery to me. :)

Also, how about a clear explanation of the equity trainer? Again, pretty much a mystery as to it's purpose. Am I supposed to just program it myself and test myself?

What am I supposed to use the hand range calculator for?

And finally....I'm trying to wrap my head around equity. I understand it very clearly in the sense that if I have 75% equity in a hand I will win 75% of the pot on average and will lose 25% - so I will make 7.50 in a 10.00 pot over time. But what kind of equity do I need to call, bet etc.? If I have 80% equity and get check raised with top pair...doesn't that indicate I'm likely beat?
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      I try to answer, but not sure if it 100% corretct or not. I'm just a beginner too :D

Originally posted by Edukator99
      Ok. When setting ranges: I set a VIP of 40% for a maniac fish...then I set his PFR of 4%. How does this affect the calculation? He limp calls most of the time... does equilab use the 40% VIP to calculate or the 4% PFR or some combination of the 2?

It's 40%. Just try this to prove it: type "40%" at MP2 and "random" at MP3, and do the analysis.

How about a clear explanation of the scenario analyzer. It's a mystery to me. :)

It help us to analysis postflop condition

Also, how about a clear explanation of the equity trainer? Again, pretty much a mystery as to it's purpose. Am I supposed to just program it myself and test myself?

I use it to train myself to guess how much my equity on the flop. The closer with the actual result, the better postflop you are.

What am I supposed to use the hand range calculator for?

And finally....I'm trying to wrap my head around equity. I understand it very clearly in the sense that if I have 75% equity in a hand I will win 75% of the pot on average and will lose 25% - so I will make 7.50 in a 10.00 pot over time. But what kind of equity do I need to call, bet etc.? If I have 80% equity and get check raised with top pair...doesn't that indicate I'm likely beat?