Someone experienced to suggest me some corrections?

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello guys!

I was wondering if someone of you, with more experience and succes would be willing to give me some advices about how to correct my play at NL4 SH and move to NL10?

I play poker for 1 year. I moved from NL2 to NL20 Full Ring in a short period of time and started to play Short-handed NL10 and NL20. After moving my bankroll to Party Poker the things started to go wrong and I managed to loose few stacks at NL25 and NL10 SH.

Then I decided to start all over at NL4 SH with a bankroll of 500$. I read more articles, watch more videos, post hands to the hand evaluation forum. I just do my best right now to build the right fundamentals of my play to be able to move up. I don't want to move to NL10 untill I fix the leaks in my play. And if I won't manage to do that (build at least 1K$ bankroll and move to NL25 SH till the end of this year), I will probably quit. But I want to give poker a real chance this year to be sure if I can or can't earn something by poker.

Anyway, I am not happy with how I am playing right now (-4,69 bb/100 in 20K hands). True, I lost much more than my EV was, but still.. So, I was wondering if someone of you would be willing to go trough those 20K hands and statystics in Holdem Manager and try to analyse what my biggest leaks are, what I should correct, how can I improve my game etc..? I don't have enough money to pay, but I believe it should be interesting and useful to you, also. Of course, it would be a great help to me..

What do you think? Is there anyone willing to help the fish? :f_p:
  • 20 replies
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      I would like to update this because I see there isn't much interes.. :D

So, I am posting my positional stats and two graphs. In addition, I can offer you XX [Edited by EagleStar88] for more detail analysis of my stats and hands in Holdem Manager. I know it is not much, but that is 10% of my bankroll. I would preffer someone with Platinum status or above, but could except anyone who could do quality analysis - give me some advices, point some hands I played wrong, point some situations I make mistakes in etc..

I would pay you through [Removed] (half amount before and half after). I hope I could find someone.

P.S. I am not sure if my offer is fine with terms and conditions on PS.com forum.. If not, I would please moderators to delete this post. Thank you!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Alleen86,

Our Forum Principles don't allow the discussion of or request or offer of a private money transfer.
      These Principles are there for all members protection, including your good self, from possible personal data or financial loss.

I really don't see the need to delete your post though as it is a perfectly reasonable request to ask for some help with your stats.

Hopefully 1 (or more of course) of our Community members here will be happy to help provide you with their own thoughts, ideas and opinions free of charge as is the spirit of the community here. Alternatively you might like to consider approaching a PokerStrategy.com recognised Coach who could provide you with private coaching/review of data etc.

I will just edit your post slightly to meet the Forum Principles and trust you will understand why.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart

p.s. Sorry, but I don't feel suitably qualified myself to be able to help you with the technical side of your analysis, but will of course do anything I can to help encourage others to provide some feedback for you ;)
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Thank you EagleStar88! :)

I hope someone will help. :f_p:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello Alleen

your graphs look like my nl2 graph!! I'm no where near any kind of expert, but as we have very simular graphs I just want to say at the low levels, the only way I ever seem to win is to play much tighter and get the money in when I hit a monster type hand! At nl2/nl4 they call with so many hands that its not worth trying to out think them!
      I have been trying out bss for a few months and to be honest I have come to the conclusion that at the lower levels you have to play tight tight poker and get the money in when your ahead. I dont even worry about them stealing my blinds anymore as the moment you get aa or kk type hands some fish will pay you off!
      I have played at nl25 and nl50 and it was a totally different game with lots more skill involved(too much for my brain lol) I think the bss strategy is more suited to levels like nl25 and above.

nl2/nl4 and maybe nl10 seems to be so loose that quite often the fish get the odds to call with just about any hand!!
      I just want to also add that my confidence had dropped lots because of this but its is just starting to return as I can see my winnings line just starting to rise as my game has tightened right up! I got to the point where I just could not seem to win and decided to just play the top % of starting hands and now I am going to slowly build up from this one step at a time.

This is just my opinion of these levels and im sure someone much more experienced and with a better winrate will come along and help you soon!!!

Roo :P
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Sorry for the spam but i would really like also to see some experienced coach/player to comment out your stats. Can't await, thumbs up!
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hm well, the reason nobody said anything so far I would guess is because.. your stats don't really say anything, they look alright :f_p:

If anything, your turn cbet is kinda high. Do you feel that you bluff cbet turn a lot? If so, stop. You dont want to think about anything other than "Can I get value?".

You'd be better off posting some hands in the hand eval forums, or if you can get someone to sweat you. It's fairly certain you are doing something wrong, it just doesnt really show on these stats.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      IMO you don't take much advantage of positions. Although your stats look kind of ok (growing as you go towards late position) your winnings should be growing accordingly as well). The money is supposed to turn clockwise and you should be making a lot more in late position.

Then one will have to look at your game in lot more depth to find the leaks imo.

The fact i am a moderator does not mean I know how to play good poker :) , it is only my opinion and feel free to correct me :)

Regards

Thazar
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Too small sample to say much about winnings from certain positions imo =)
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I'm not overly experienced, but I'd say you are playing too many hands from SB, more than most other positions. You'll always be acting first here after the flop, and it makes it much tougher for you to play your hands profitably. Only enter from the SB with big hands at this limit. And I'd suggest also tightening up your BB play, you're losing a great deal from your out of position plays, so really tighten up your range in the blinds until you get more used to playing hands OOP.

Also, looking at your graph, something that is costing you bad is your non-showdown winnings (losses). Tighten up, and bluff less at NL4. Bet if you have a good hand, give up if you don't.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      And one last thing, i see you are using HEM, try giving the leakbuster free trial a go. It will give you a clue as to some of your biggest leaks
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      This stuff is awesome:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/18345/
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Just throwing this out there, it seems you play too many hands from sb (also very aggressive) and CO.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      This Community is awesome and never lets me down, great responses everyone, keep the thoughts and suggestions coming.

Members helping each other out is so :s_love:

Bart
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I'm not sure opening 18% from SB is waaay to much on NL4. But what do I know, I've never played NL4 and if I played it now I'd get by fine with raising more than 20% in SB.

There is very little stats can say. The nonSD looks worrying, but then again, rake is a real killer on partypoker microstakes, so to be beating those games you'd actually need a bigger w/r than at some other sites.

I'm not a coach or anything, but i'd be willing to help you look at your game a bit and see if we can find something to improve (which im sure we can, add me on skype: voenki if you want me to take a look).

One thing you should def do is post hands in the handeval forums, esp betsizing can potentially get your winrate to skyrocket.
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      This Community is awesome and never lets me down, great responses everyone, keep the thoughts and suggestions coming.

Members helping each other out is so :s_love:

Bart
      Bart :heart:

sry but i had to respond :f_biggrin:
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Fongie
      You'd be better off posting some hands in the hand eval forums, or if you can get someone to sweat you. It's fairly certain you are doing something wrong, it just doesnt really show on these stats.
      Yep, I post at least 20 hands a week (where I won or lost the most), that's a part of my yearly plan.. :) And according to coaches, 80% of those hands are played correctly.. The only catch is that I loose alot of money in many of them.. :D
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Originally posted by thazar
      IMO you don't take much advantage of positions. Although your stats look kind of ok (growing as you go towards late position) your winnings should be growing accordingly as well). The money is supposed to turn clockwise and you should be making a lot more in late position.
      At the moment, I don't win more from late positions because my winnings there are much smaller than my winnings with adjusted EV.. For example, on the cutoff my winnings are $0,72, but EV adjusted winnings are $21,33.. :D
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Originally posted by gadget51
      This stuff is awesome:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/18345/
      Yes, I watched it twice, that's why I came to idea of analysing my stats.. :D
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Originally posted by vonki
      I'm not sure opening 18% from SB is waaay to much on NL4. But what do I know, I've never played NL4 and if I played it now I'd get by fine with raising more than 20% in SB.

There is very little stats can say. The nonSD looks worrying, but then again, rake is a real killer on partypoker microstakes, so to be beating those games you'd actually need a bigger w/r than at some other sites.

I'm not a coach or anything, but i'd be willing to help you look at your game a bit and see if we can find something to improve (which im sure we can, add me on skype: voenki if you want me to take a look).

One thing you should def do is post hands in the handeval forums, esp betsizing can potentially get your winrate to skyrocket.
      Hi vonki! Great, I will add you on skype, thanks! I am dejan.cehulic

What way of help exactly do you have on your mind? If you are thinking of looking my hands in Holdem Manager, we can add your thoughts here on Pokerstrategy.com. My english is not perfect, but I hope we could arrange something! :f_p: