Todays wonder pot. 0.03/0.06$ NL

• DzintarsTet
      DzintarsTet
      Bronze
      if some experts watch this video you could tell me what i did wrong with a betting ;)

Enjoy!

I don't use holdem manager so needed to make a video.

:f_confused:
  • 15 replies
    • PutkaPu
      PutkaPu
      Bronze
    • HunterAtila
      HunterAtila
      Bronze
      inb4 busto-ed.
      Pretty awful all the way down. :|
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      You committed lots of capital sins: you open limped, you played out of position, you minraised a limped pot, you showed no respect for a paired board.

You won nevertheless because the 888 field is incredibly bad, especially at these limits, and you were ridiculously lucky not only to flop the nuts but that no one had J9, 98, 97, JJ, 99, 88 or 77 because you were losing to all those hands. PLUS you were only splitting with another QT.

Just because you wont a big chunk, don't think you played well. Playing like this will make you lose a lot and very often, especially if you climb a stake or two.

(sorry if I'm being too honest but I'm trying to help you here. People did the same to me a while back, and I regret they didn't do it earlier).
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      wow,you play good,gg man,keep up the good work

• sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      limp pre flop = bad idea ( not terrible but bad )
      min raise , after a bet and flat call in multi way pot ?

I guess you do that because you think you have nuts, and if you raise more you wont get action. Though the correct play to make it 0.4+ (the pot is already 0.42) In these limits you will get max action from two pairs, set's , flush draws , weaker straight's, maybe even OESD will call pot size bets ( like in this example two of them did on the turn, ignoring the board paired ). Now imagine if after you min raise flop, 2 comes on the turn and 4 on the river, you wont be able to get much value. So you have to charge all draws on flop and turn with 70% to 100% pot size bets ( in higher limits you have small chances to get called , but at NL6 they will call all you tell them )

So in conclusion : you got extreeeeeeemly lucky to get this much money from this pot, and extreeeemly lucky not to looose it, i guess like 70-80% of the time in this situation somebody improves on the turn to full house in multi way pot
    • DzintarsTet
      DzintarsTet
      Bronze
      no worries ;)

i need bad words about my play because i don't play a lot of poker :)

thanks for your opinion i appriciate people who says their opinion rather than tellinf lies :)
    • DzintarsTet
      DzintarsTet
      Bronze
      thanks for your answer..

I will improve my game :)
    • ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze
      well, im not an expert, but ill tell you what i think...

the openlimp was pretty bad with QTo..... either fold or raise (id fold QTo in UTG even in 6seater)... but never mind, lets say you get to the flop...

you flop the nuts ofc, but there is a flushdraw, so i'd say after that guy in BB who raised 6c,it would be a good idea to raise the pot to make it not profitable for players to call with a fl.draw. and there is a big chance for a fl.draw - 5 people in the game.

then another 9 hits the board... paired board on turn, with 4 another players in, its also dangerous... someone could just made a full house, so after that turn, i'd bet again, about 66% of the pot (fl. draws just HAVE to fold at that point), and if someone raises then u got a difficult decision to make... has he made a FH? well id say it depends on your read on that player..

id say if he had jacks, he'd re-raise you on the flop to protect his hand against draws so i guess JJ is out of option here... he could have 88 but i guess players at these limits would just 3-4-5 bet on the flop....

nevertheless you were extremely lucky at that pot.... always have respect for a paired board.... i burnt myself couple of times with the nutflush draw in those situations... got beaten by a FH.

well, it might be wrong what im saying, but that is how i'd play the hand :)
    • ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze

i burnt myself couple of times with the nutflush (not nutflush draw ofc) in those situations

typo
    • DzintarsTet
      DzintarsTet
      Bronze
      Rganjs for your opinion ;)
    • DzintarsTet
      DzintarsTet
      Bronze
      thanks for your opinion ;)
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I dont think you played the hand well, starting with being the the hand!

But I think you didn't need to be scared of a full-house when the board paired, because if anyone had pockets before the flop that connected with that board, they would have raised it pre-flop.

Never min raise though!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      raise or fold preflop

raise flop bigger for value, bet T, bet R

gg
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      Why fuss about the limping, it's nl6 on 888, everyone else is going to limp along and then go broke with whatever on any flop.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I think its quite remarkable and threadworthy that you actually won the pot even though it was 4 way and the board was paired..