Heeeeey! What kind of disconnect is this?!?!?

    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Wtf, have you ever seen this?!

      Only table out is the one I got dealt AA. UTG raised, MP called, it was going to be a nice pot! Before I could 3bet the table went out, then came back in when UTG was cbetting a KQxr board (I had "folded" due to timeout).

      WTF?

  • 15 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,560
      Hi Luiz

      it does look strange indeed.

      send it to their support and let us know what they say. There might be an explanation to it. Did they go to showdown?

      Regards

      Thazar
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi Luiz

      it does look strange indeed.

      send it to their support and let us know what they say. There might be an explanation to it. Did they go to showdown?

      Regards

      Thazar
      Hi,

      I did send an email both to info@ and tech@ - but I'm not sure they can or will do much, even though maybe they should at this was clearly a ++EV spot (especially vs. UTG openraise).

      No, they didn't go to showdown. Board was KQx, UTG cbet and MP folded. I keep repeating to me UTG had KK or QQ for sure (so I can keep mental sanity).
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,560
      yes that's the thing what ever they had it will be hard for you to argue that you would have won and not lost money by staying in the hand. also as I posted in your blog it seems that you are folded on all the other tables, maybe that is why you did not get a disconnection sign on them
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Originally posted by thazar
      yes that's the thing what ever they had it will be hard for you to argue that you would have won and not lost money by staying in the hand. also as I posted in your blog it seems that you are folded on all the other tables, maybe that is why you did not get a disconnection sign on them
      Well, of course I could have lost but which situation could be more +EV than having AA preflop vs. 2 villains in the pot one being an UTG openraise?

      Worse than that only if I had 3bet, he shoved and THEN I got disconnected :P

      About the other folds, I folded because I was "omg omg omg my aaaces". I would never ever fold J9o from BTN vs. a donkey, for instance (bottom left) but I did it because I couldn't even think right. You may notice I had *just* folded as the pot is just being slid to the BB as I took the print screen.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,560
      I am not saying it would not have been +ev I am jsut saying that it is hard to argue for compensation when you dont know what you should/could have won.

      Make sure you put as much info as possible in your email to support and hope for the best. the thing is that you did not lose any $$$ but some EV and that is hard to compensate.

      ;)

      Thazar
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Joined: 09.02.2009 Posts: 816
      And i thought i use too many stats.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Originally posted by nathanrenard
      And i thought i use too many stats.
      Oh no, I'm known for crazy HUD.. You have to see what happens when I play FR :D
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      "Dear Luiz,

      Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

      Please note that we did not have any problems with our servers and we haven't received any complaints from other players.

      If you experience disconnections very often I would advise you to send us a Trace report at the time when the issue occurred so that we investigate this.

      Please follow the steps to for creating a trace report:

      [...]

      In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

      Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

      Best regards,

      Kristian,"
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Take a look at the ridiculous response. Special mention to the highlighted part:

      We understand you being unhappy about getting disconnected from the table where you had a high hand.

      However, as previously advised, there was no issue with the connection to our servers from our end at the time of this particular game, therefore we cannot give you any particular reason why exactly this game was disconnected.

      Please note that the probability of disconnections to happen increases with the number of tables you are playing at simultaneously. Therefore what I can advise you is to play less tables or optimise the speed of your computer and Internet connection.

      Again, please note that if there is an issue from our end, we will do our best to resolve it.


      Wtf, I was playing mere 5 tables!
    • Krasi53
      Krasi53
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.02.2011 Posts: 67
      wtf luiz what do you think you are not going to be disconnected at some point. Different tables run on different servers and the connection goes through different intermediary servers. So it is quite possible to be disconnected on one table and to be able playing on others. Next time instead of going to forums and making screen shots, just close the software and open it again, also if you use wireless well... the issue will be resolved if you plug in the cable where it belongs, in the PC
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Originally posted by Krasi53
      wtf luiz what do you think you are not going to be disconnected at some point. Different tables run on different servers and the connection goes through different intermediary servers. So it is quite possible to be disconnected on one table and to be able playing on others. Next time instead of going to forums and making screen shots, just close the software and open it again, also if you use wireless well... the issue will be resolved if you plug in the cable where it belongs, in the PC
      I don't think I will not be ever disconnected. I've been disconnected plenty of times as I believe all of us have. But I never thought it was possible to be disconnected of one table out of 5.

      If you know different tables run in different servers, thanks for the info. I never thought that was the case - and I don't understand why it is or would be in fact the case, but computers and IT are not my field as you may have seen.

      And about the cable, yes, I do use my computer cabled as it is more stable and safer, and leave a different wi-fi as a backup.

      Thank you for info.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Joined: 04.05.2009 Posts: 1,888
      OVER STATSING
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Originally posted by Targetme
      OVER STATSING
      huh?
    • tickworthy11
      tickworthy11
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.12.2010 Posts: 6
      wat programe is that your using? on the party poker tables?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.11.2010 Posts: 2,320
      Originally posted by tickworthy11
      wat programe is that your using? on the party poker tables?
      PT3