WHY do you like the FTP software?

• dochazard
      dochazard
      Bronze
      I would really like to get the opinions of former FTP diehards why the client software is better than Stars. I used to have an account in FTP and I did like the software, but I seem to read often how FTP players think other rooms' clients are crap.

Aside from the customizable lobby widgets, what else makes the FTP client better? Thanks!
  • 17 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      rush ftw :D
    • Econom1sta
      Econom1sta
      Bronze
      Honestly............

It's because they have that cool ASTRONAUT avatar.
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Hi,

The soft is smooth, fast, aesthetically very elaborate, easily readable, very good in multitabling, sounds are not bothering and are well balanced, lobby very clear and usefully customisable, evolves very fast and in the good direction. That's all I got right now.
      I tried many other rooms, not ONE comes even close to this soft imho.

++
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      rush ftw :D
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Tilt is better, way better.

Stars font sucks when u tile tables. (good thing i stack them).
    • NiN00
      NiN00
      Bronze
      they're basterds, but software is fantastic. and the bloody rush, oh my god..
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Econom1sta
      Honestly............

It's because they have that cool ASTRONAUT avatar.
      dude... what about the ninja?
    • dochazard
      dochazard
      Bronze
      1. Better tiling.
      2. Easier to read.
      3. Better lobby.
      4. Avatars? LOL!

Keep them coming, thanks.
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      Less badbeats :f_p:
    • nekrikstas
      nekrikstas
      Bronze
      best hand history tool, easy to find hands from different tables, even if they where played lots of of hands ago.
      easy and smooth replay of the hand fast clicking fwd buttons, stars sucks here.
      if you roll over any open FT window – it is active automatically, not like in other rooms you need to click on that window to make it active.
      and software feels like real software, not like stars, that makes me feel like I'm using some kind of cheap flash or web app with stupid fonts :-)
      though I begin to like pokerstars... :-)
    • RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dochazard
      1. Better tiling.
      2. Easier to read.
      3. Better lobby.
      4. Avatars? LOL!

Keep them coming, thanks.
      +1 Table Settings, Colours, Happy Hour, Rush Poker, No Ante SnG, Tournament Lobby unlike Stars is arranged well! and what else.....

Oh the speed feels a lot faster and hands progress faster on Tilt than any software i have played!
    • yearn4u2
      yearn4u2
      Bronze
      why do you ask? It's renowed for its software.
      So simple and so classy.
    • w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      I don't i have the delay between the my clicks and the site actions which gets me to time out a ton compared to stars, it's true it's a much faster then stars but that's because, and this is my assumption not a proven fact, i guess they are using a mirror of your real $ account when you log in and don't make changes on the database as often as PS you can notice that because Cashier updates real time and you can't tell me they make a query every 1s for all 75k or 125k users that are logged on at the same time.
    • marti1988
      marti1988
      Bronze
      never again :evil:
    • johnboy1
      johnboy1
      Bronze
      tilt is no more so who gives a flying fook,
      just give us our money back.....
    • marti1988
      marti1988
      Bronze
      +1 ;)
    • Neo101k
      Neo101k
      Bronze
      - You can always know when you just opened a table who is the player acting and how much time he has left to act (color bar under the player instead of icon blinking on stars)

- Filters work as they should work especially for tourneys / sngs (you can select only 1 buy-in type (e.g. 0.25$) while in other poker rooms I've played you can select a range ( < 1$, which may include for example 0.10, 0.25, 0.55).

- Everything updates realtime (FTPs in cashier/widget while sitting at a cash table after every hand, FTPs while bonus window opened and a hand just finished, hands finished in hands history while hand history windows is opened, ...). At stars while playing cash games you can only see FPPs accumulated at a table only after leaving the table or loosing a buy-in

- Avatars make a simplified and easy to read interface

- Final table of any multitable Tourney / SNG (I know they could brush a little bit the graphics of it but the idea of showing you just reached the final table seems nice)

+ many of the statements above