[NL2-NL10] NL 20 - 9h8h, intresting hand

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I know this is in the wrong hand forum, but as i carn't play tracked because of FT issue i'm posting here. That said....

Me and villan have a history, he c-bets alot and check folds turn offten. So i'm floating a lot of flops vs him and winning pots frequently on the turn.

When he check calls turn i'm not going to bet the river unless i make my draw. I'm abit puzzled by what he could have, what would he check call with rather than check raise? It seems kinda odd seeing as he check folds alot so i would figure he'd be check raising or check folding? Maybe he wants to check raise river try get more value? Because of this i think: weak top pairs, 2-pairs & sets can all be in his range?

So the river hits me and i'm pritty sure he's never putting me on a flush, so i try making my bet look bluffy like i'm trying to buy the pot. He check raises and i call because i'm priced in and was always intending to call his river shove.

Feed back of what was good and bad would be great hand judges =) Also what adaptions am i going to have to make now that villain has seen one of my hands at show down?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

€0.1/€0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 8.
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to €0.70, Hero calls €0.70, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: (€1.7) J, 5, A (2 players)
      MP2 bets €0.96, Hero calls €0.96.

Turn: (€3.62) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets €2.20, MP2 calls €2.20.

River: (€8.02) 7 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets €8.00, MP2 raises to €17.54(All-In), Hero calls €9.50(All-In).

Final Pot: €43.06.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a flush, ace high(A 6).
      Hero shows a flush, king high(9 8).

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high(A 6).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PocketAcesJohn,

The only problem on river is that our bet is just so huge and therefore I wouldn't even expect him to bluff there. But rather the question is what kind of hand can he ship this way. Of course he has a lot of better flush in his range but does he do that we straight? So it's pretty much up the reads/information you know him doing that with. Although I don't think that I'd get it away very easily in this case, he might even sometimes overplay his sets/straights there.

Best regards.