[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH OOP AA turn play

• PokerIggy
      PokerIggy
      Bronze
      I'm still strugeling with extracting as much as possible when I'm out of position. Here I pick up an excelent hand but I'm always wondering how to proceed after the flop. Should I slow play? Should I keep betting as most 2NL players will almost call with any (hit) hand? Should I have just called on the river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,54
      MP3:
      $4,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , A:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,06, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,18, BB folds, MP3 calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,38) T:heart: , 6:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,19, Hero raises to $0,42, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $0,99
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerIggy,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: I'd raise it even ~$0,24 here while being OOP and vs his 3xBB raise.
      Postflop: Why do you Check/Raise it? Rather just bet it. :) He can easily float and pay us even more money. With Check/Raise you just make some hands to fold which would very likely pay you a lot more. Representing a very strong range with such a play.

Best regards.
    • PokerIggy
      PokerIggy
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

Thanks for your reply. Afterwards I was indeed thinking that I should have just bet on the flop as most bad players would just try to bluff other people out and so I would give him a chance to float or 3bet (as his aggression factor is quite high even for just 91 hands I guess). Also he could interpret it as a standard continuation and so also call/3bet my bet.

So let's say I would have bet on the flop. How much should I have bet? 2/3 of the pot (so let's say ~$0,24)?

Regards,
      Igor
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, $0,24 should work perfectly fine. :)