This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH 66 river

• daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $10.87
      BB: $4.77
      UTG: $5.77
      Hero (MP): $5.13
      CO: $12.87
      BTN: $4.64

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 6:spade: 6:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 2:heart: 2:spade: Q:club:
      UTG bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.87, 2 players) 3:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.87, 2 players) 9:spade:
      UTG bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

Hi,
      Should I call flop and river?
      On flop my hand could be best, and he check turn when nine comes, he could have A high, some pockets below Q.
      Hi most likely wouldn't bet there A high? So I gues I should fold?
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I'd prefer a turn bet here by you to protect against overcards and often get a free showdown. Obviously it's a bet-fold line.

As played I think you have to be calling a lot of river cards. Especially ones below T. How many 9x hands are in his utg opening range? I think he can also be betting TT/JJ here for value.

Based on his bet size it looks like he's either making a crap bluff (which you let him have in his range here by checking the turn), or a nicely sized value bet. Your hand is fairly face up here so it's not a great spot. Interested to see if veriz thinks it's a call or fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello daun666,

Turn: Rather bet the turn and protect from any kind of overcards.

As played
      River: If he wanted to bluff then I guess he would just Bet it on turn as well. More likely seems that we are beat, I don't think that he would turn his Ax hand into bluff here anyways. Therefore if you want to take a note on him then Calling should ain't mistake vs such a small amount.

Best regards.