Which software to use?

• Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      I am sorry for opening probablly stupid topic, but I never used any kind of poker software and I am totally confused when i see so many of them...

Maybe I am a bit lazy to try to figure them one by one and decide which is best so I am hoping you could help me...

Btw, 2 months ago i wanted to get some statistics on my game, I dled Pokertracker but i got lost in that program. I admit, i didnt go through tutorial or something like that cause it seamed too complicated...

Can you explain me what software is for what, which to use and gimme me few guidelines in this area...

(I saw in sticky topic guides for each software, so after your recommendation I ll know which one to read...)
  • 1 reply
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Your question is very open. I try answering ou the question about the programs we have under 'Downloads'. (I just copy pasted the describtions.)

What you search is probably Pokertracker to see your winnings and how you run. Start with this and go through the guide (there is no easier way) it's not that complicated. :)

Pokerace is nice to see these stats about your opponents at the table.

ICM Trainer Light

The ICM Trainer Light....

.... allows you to practice an mathematically optimal SNG play in the late stage of a tournament. It consists of 10 lections with different difficulties. The ICM Trainer Light is especially for SNG beginners. During the course of the lections you will learn different situations which can occur in the late stages of a tournament and how to handle them.

ICM Trainer

The ICM-Trainer will allow you to practice for a mathematically optimal SnG game. This means that you can practice specific situations in order to make the right decision. ICM is an abbreviation for "Independent Chip Model" and basically allocates a specific money value to the amount of chips in a tournament/SnG.

Equilator....

.... provides the user with the following functions for the Poker variant Texas Hold'em: Calculating the probability of winning as well as calculating the equity for specific hands in a direct confrontation while considering the community cards and the mucked cards. Calculating the probability of winning as well as calculating the equity for specific handranges in a direct confrontation while considering the community cards and the mucked cards. Identification of a handrange which has the minimum equity against a specific opposing handrange.

Texas Grabem

With your Texas Grab'em Hand Recorder it is possible, to copy/paste hands live while you are playing (at partypoker) into Texas Grab'em. You will get a detailed overview about your selected hands also it allows you to paste Hands quickly into a board for detailed discussions. Very interesting hands can be combined into a project.

Poker Tracker

PokerTracker is a powerful tool for every pokerplayer for gathering information about the opposition, thus gaining a clear advantage in the decision making process at the table. It also lets you analyze your own game. All members of PokerStrategy.com who collected 2000 StrategyPoints receive a license for free as a bonus.

PokerAce HUD

PokerAce Heads Up Display is a program that takes statistics from PokerTracker and displays them as an overlay on the poker table. It's therefore a good tool for reading your opponents and incredible useful for making decisions in critical situations. All members of PokerStrategy.cc who collected 2000 StrategyPoints receive a license for free as a bonus.