This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 QQ in BB v UTG raise

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Gold
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.15)
      Hero ($45.46)
      UTG ($26.30)
      UTG+1 ($31.65)
      UTG+2 ($25)
      MP1 ($25.85)
      CO ($36.34)
      BTN ($11.01)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) 7:diamond: 2:heart: 8:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks

TURN ($1.80) 7:diamond: 2:heart: 8:club: 6:spade:

Hero bets $1.25, UTG raises to $4, Hero calls $2.75

RIVER ($9.80) 7:diamond: 2:heart: 8:club: 6:spade: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG checks

Hero shows Q:club: Q:spade:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 76.1%, Turn 86.4%)

UTG shows A:club: K:spade:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 23.9%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero wins $9.32

Villain 19/12/6 wtsd 36 (84 hands)

This the best line to take here? Missed a river bet?

Ugh sorry, just realised which forum I was in, can a Mod please move these to the hand review forum, thanks!
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      * Moved *
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      This the best line to take here?
      - if you don´t 3-bet pf I like c/c flop and calling him down or b/c turn if you check flop.

Missed a river bet?
      - he is reping stronger range and he won´t call you down with bluffs, so I like c/c river
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Gold
      Is there any point 3betting pre here? Seems that against this sort of opponent he is going to fold worse hand and 4bet with AA,KK,AK.

A lot of people raise any pocket pair UTG so isn't flatting better to get value from these hands on dry boards like this?

If I am going to flat here to hopefully keep these weaker hands in his range do I then need to be playing hands like this a lot more aggresively to get more value? Flatting here doesn't really look that strong especially on this sort of board...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Millsyuk
      Is there any point 3betting pre here? Seems that against this sort of opponent he is going to fold worse hand and 4bet with AA,KK,AK.

A lot of people raise any pocket pair UTG so isn't flatting better to get value from these hands on dry boards like this?

If I am going to flat here to hopefully keep these weaker hands in his range do I then need to be playing hands like this a lot more aggresively to get more value? Flatting here doesn't really look that strong especially on this sort of board...
      Depends how tight is player, and if generally people 3-bet that spot with QQ or not. If he is opening any pp I think 3-betting is generally better, since then he has to tighten up his opening range and if get 4-bet then you can consider folding, but I think he would also call with TT/JJ that spot and he would not really just call for set value.

do I then need to be playing hands like this a lot more aggresively to get more value?
      - not really sure, if you want to have some hands that can call 3-barrel I think c/c is perfectly fine that spot. At that case he can´t really go 3 streets for value with JJ/TT, so you can also call twice with worse hands. I would likely prefer leading to him to make sure I get maximum value if I don´t c/r flop and play for stacks