BB ($10.85)
      UTG ($26.50)
      UTG+1 ($17.84)
      UTG+2 ($11.34)
      MP1 ($10.73)
      CO ($10)
      Hero ($33.05)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, SB raises to $3.25, fold, Hero calls $2.50

FLOP ($6.75) Q:club: 7:spade: 2:diamond:

SB bets $2, Hero folds

SB wins $6.42

Villain is 12/11/inf (17/17 SB) cbet 50, 3bets steals 15

Is our hand way too strong to fold pre?

Against an agg opponent what sort of line shuld we be taking on this board, why would he bet so small unless he wants me to reraise?
  • 2 replies
    • Absolutism
      Absolutism
      Bronze
      If he is 12/11, he cant call to much from blinds, so he is either 3betting or folding?
      If this is the case, i would 4bet bluff this hand, i dont think we can call and play profitably vs a balanced (bluffs and valuehands) 3bet range with AJ, even IP. If u plan on playing fit-or-fold flop, calling pre is a bad idea i think (sometimes u can be dominated even if u hit).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Millsyuk,

Preflop: As already mentioned, with AJs of course it's doable the Call but now again you will be very often dominated by better Ax hands or something similar. And with just hoping to hit you wont hit often enough. To satisfy the Call. To get the information where you stand with your hand just 4bet it and reevaluate further actions.

As played
      Postflop: He may bet too small for several reason. He wants to get cheaply fold equity, or either way has some kind of strong hand which tries to keep you in the pot. And what kind of boards you planning to play back? This is actually one of those spots where I might playing back against him and maybe even float and see what kind of actions he is going to take on turn while I see weakness in his CBet size. But of course it's really up to the opponent and how many hands do we have on him? CBet 50% could easily as well mean that he is CBetting only made hands.

Best regards.