please tell me they are kidding

• ferotaraba
      online poker is great..... through todays session, i played 6 big pots.......lost 6 buy-ins...

please tell me what i did wrong, or is PartyPoker just messing with me?

1..... got KK.... some dude raises, i re-reraise, he 4bets, i go all in.... he shows TT
      and hits 4 of a kind of course...

2.... some dude before me limps in CO, i raise with KcJc on BU, dude calls me...
      Flop comes Ac Qc 2c ...... he pushes,.... instantly... like 10x overbet... i call with the nutflush and a royal fl.draw ofc, he shows Q2o..
      turn blank, river 2

3,4.... i get kings all in preflop ... i hit aces against me 2 times in a row

5..... i have aces, all in preflop, AK calls me... flop K river K

6.... have 99, flop 2h 4h 9c .... i bet, someone raises, i push ... he calls with 35o, turn Ace, river blank....

this is like ... are u freakin kidding me????

like what is the chance to lose #1 AND #2 AND #5 AND #6 hands in a row?oh yeah, i can tell you... its 0.06%

+the chance to meet aces when you are dealt kings 2 times in a row + the chance there are retarded people enough to call your raise preflop with Q2o out of position and who are going all in preflop with TT...

tell me please!

this is my main problem in the game...
      i make $20 today playing good poker, , lose $21 tomorrow... with all these people around.... i dont know, tell me what to do please.... what limit should i play to meet at least some decent players who are at least a little readable and you can somehow figure out their range? cause im never gonna get there through NL2 this way.... you cant put someone on Q2o and hands like that.....

and please dont mention the word: Variance... im sick of it... no variance is enough to give you 0.06%
  • 10 replies
    • scscpoker
      its not just variance, its downswing that came after upswing OR before upswing, just watch your longterm graph...

and NO, its not online poker !!! ... you will experience as same downswing playing live

//edit: btw, "i make $20 today playing good poker, , lose $21 tomorrow... ", was those numbers really like that?
    • furculision
      they are kidding
    • KKChancerKK
      Dude you should be play Q 2 o/s .. forget AA or KK ...
    • chipcracky
      the less hands you play, the more online poker CAN seem rigged :)

"Play with best, get broke like the rest. "
    • ferotaraba
      Originally posted by furculision
      they are kidding

yes.... i still have my 50$ starting capital..... and go up and down....

i went from 50 to 65 in one session
      then back from 65 to 48 in second one
      then 48 to 53 in 3rd
      53 to 51 in 4th
      51 to almost 70..
      and now i lost 18 so im back to 52 again....

im multitabling, 6 at the time, and i feel comfortable with it...

i just dont get how can i go up hugely and then down the same amount another day... :(

i feel like im very likely to get on tilt :( if i win the first big game and double up, the profits just keep coming until the end of the session...
      and if i lose the 1st big game (mosty againts some fish who rivers the nuts .... then i just keep on thinking how big id.iot he is and stuff like that) i get on tilt and then just lose and lose and lose....

ill try minimize the damage tomorrow - if i lose 1-2 BI ill quit the session :(
    • ferotaraba
      oh and sorry for the quote thing, i really dont know how to use it :)

was quoting "scscpoker"
    • winmore24
      theres no chance you'll grow your money in PP or PS... or i guess in any pokersites... coz these games are rigged... in ur dreams... hehe... you'll go bankruft before u can cashout... hehe
    • EmanuelC16
      Originally posted by scscpoker
      its not just variance, its downswing that came after upswing
      EPIC QUOTE! :pokerface:
    • NIVEKii
      Originally posted by furculision
      they are kidding
    • pleno1
      Hey man,

Variance really really sucks. Every single member on PokerStrategy (millions!) will have been effected by variance in some form or other. I promise that you will get your "run good" too, but people generally don't realise they are running good and think they are just owning.

What hand sample did you play btw?