reasonable ROI

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hello guys and mods, can there be a sticky thread or article somewhere about what ROI is maintainable at the various levels and games?

What can a low limit sng player reasonably aim for? What ROI is maintainable? 5 to 10%? 25 to 35%? What about turbos and 6max?

And what can a mid stakes fr player aim for?

etc. etc. a kind of table of this sort. I know there is one about variance in the silver section for sngs; what about one for ROI?
  • 6 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there matel,

I've asked my colleagues to come and give you some feedback on this topic. They'll be probably come in the morning once they wake up ;)

Ingrid
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      Where can I find my ROI ingrid? thanks. ;( ;(
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      we'll find it tomorrow :coolface:
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi there matel,

I've asked my colleagues to come and give you some feedback on this topic. They'll be probably come in the morning once they wake up ;)

Ingrid
      :)
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he matel17,

thank you for asking your strategy question, Ingrid forwarded it to me.
      As I am not really an SnG-expert I'd like to ask you to also use our strategy forums for SnG's: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1428 - all other SnG PokerStrategists and our experts will happily give advice for you :-)
      You were mentioning that your question was regarding the ROI in 9-player-SnG. As it is really hard to give concrete numbers I'd somehow like to show you what numbers make sense and which ones don't.
      As the first prize is 50% of the buyin let us make a very brief calculation:
      buyin is 11 (incl 1 rake)
      prizepool is 90 so you could win 45. The theoretical maximum ROI could thus be 309% (see glossary http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/ROI_782/ )
      However of course nobody will ever reach it. Let's imagine your payout distribution is not 11.11% equally on every place, but weighted 14%/13%/13%. How would you ROI look then? It would be 22.7% which is out of this world-awesome. Why? the numbers just look a bit higher then 11%? It is because 14% for first prize is in itself 27% more then 11%. Ok, maybe on the lowest stakes a very good player can reach it. But how about 30$-SnG where the field already consists of decent players who evaluate their own game,too? You are 15% better then your opponents? Minus the rake you end up at 5% ROI.
    • madison79
      madison79
      Bronze
      I know for 9 mans anything close to 10% before Black Friday was pretty good.

8% at the mid stacks is pretty decent and 10 would be crushing.

I don't know about 6 max sorry.