Deviations (?) in Starting Hands Chart

• Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      There are some things in the basic starting hands chart that I don't understand.

For example, with a "strong hand" you should raise or call in all situations exept one, and that is when one raise and all others fold.

The interesting thing is that if one player raise and all other players fold, then you should also fold and leave the hand.

But if you face more opposition and more than one player stay in the hand, than you should also stay.

There are similar, to me unexpected, recomendations in all the other hands.

I am curious why we get these results.
  • 3 replies
    • Meda1985
      Meda1985
      Bronze
      Well, I'm not sure which hand are you writing about, but I think I get what are you pointing out. I'll leave it to someone with more experience to explain it to you, I don't want to confuse you further more.
      But, I've been looking at the charts right now and except suited connectors there is no hand that you are suppose to fold unless there is more then one player involved in it. Didn't find a hand when someone raises and unless someone calls that raise you are suppose to fold... :f_o:
    • Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      Yes, my question is poorly written. I'll try to make it better.

I am referring to the "Basic Handout", "Before the flop", "Starting hands chart".

The second group from the top, "Strong hands".

In "Early Pos"

In the fourth typ of action: "One player raises. All other opponents fold." The recommendation is "Fold".

In the fifth type of action: "One player raises. At least one opponent calls the raise."
      The recommendation is "Call".

I would expect the opposite recommendation. Fourth type call, and fifth type fold.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      this is most likely because the hand you have in mind will figure to win more than its share against multiple opponents and less than its share against just one opponent.