Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has T:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.24, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.57, 2 players) 2:heart: Q:heart: T:heart:
      Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.41, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $1.05, BTN calls $1.05

River: ($3.51, 2 players) A:spade:
      Hero bets $4.29, BTN calls $4.06

BTN shows K:heart: J:diamond: (Straight, Ace High)
      Hero shows T:spade: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens)
      BTN wins $10.95

I think I haven't posted situation like this so far. If I had OP I would definitely play c/f on the river. So in this hand I had to struggle with new situation when I had 2P. I think that the way how I played flop and turn is correct. Of course I played b/f on the flop and turn. Now the question what to do on the river? I was sure that he was drawing with Ahxo. It's the reason why I decided to shove. If he was drawing with Ah he wouldn't fold it on the river.
      Even if I didn't overbet on the river I was considering bet for about $3 so maybe I would have save $1. What do u think?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

You have to ask yourself what kind of hands you beat on river? What kind of hands would even Call there? There are still a lot of 2pair combos which beat you and most likely even some sets/etc type of hands. Therefore I'd be rather inclined to skip the thin value on river and Check/Fold it. He ain't that aggressive either so very likely is going to Check behind without made hand.

By the way how do you like being Gold status? :)

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

By the way how do you like being Gold status? :)

Seriously, I would like to have rakeback on FTP then Gold status. It's been useless so far because I've been watching and digesting videos hasenbraten which are available for Bronze status and I've not read articles for Silver yet. There are a lot of things to learn even on NL6 and NL2. This limit still surprises me even I've playing a long time.
      I don't feel special that I have a Gold because I'm here only for evaluation forum and, which is also connected with it, because of you, coach. I've made huge progress in my play since I started evaluating hands with you. So you are father of my poker life and if I reach NL25 and NL50, it will be definitely your merit.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Oh I see. Lets hope FTP will be back soon. :) And we will definitely be there some day. You have done very good progress so far and everyday I see how you start thinking more and getting better. Hopefully we will get stats/reads into your play as well.