[NL2-NL10] 4nl sh, river bluff

• signofape
      signofape
      Bronze
      the villian is tight player open UTG
      i suspect AK or JJ+
      flop: i call continuation bet, i see no point to raise, i get worse hand to fold and only better hand stay on.
      turn: i think a TAG would bet more to charge flushdraw, so i'm thinking 60% double barrel with two over card, and 40% JJ+
      river: when he bet the river, i'm thinking 100% high Pocket pair. and since i call twice, it does look like i'm chasing the FD, so i think this is a spot to turn my made hand into a bluff.
      my question is....is that stupid?
      he did tank down to the last second, so i think if he didn't hit that river set, i may even get him to fold AA...or am i just dreaming?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.04)
      BB ($2.06)
      UTG ($2.05)
      UTG+1 ($2.06)
      CO ($10.46)
      Hero ($6.91)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:club: , UTG raises to $0.08, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.08, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.19) 8:diamond: 5:diamond: 2:heart:

UTG bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

TURN ($0.43) 8:diamond: 5:diamond: 2:heart: 4:club:

UTG bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

RIVER ($0.99) 8:diamond: 5:diamond: 2:heart: 4:club: J:diamond:

UTG bets $0.64, Hero raises to $6.43 (AI), UTG calls $0.93 (AI)

UTG wins $3.86
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello signofape,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

On those limits people don't fold overpairs, even not TP. So therefore it should be rather fold on river if you even did Call the turn. Only reason why I would consider Calling the turn is that his bet size looks kinda strange and smallish.

Best regards.