This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 FR - value extraction with a perfect flop set

• faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.04 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $1.62
      SB: $1.64
      Hero (BB): $4.35
      UTG: $3.82
      UTG+1: $4.29 - VPIP 16 / PFR 13 / AF 3 (sample: 358 hands)
      MP: $4.00
      CO: $4.13

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has J:club: J:heart:
      UTG calls $0.04, UTG+1 raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.16, fold

Flop: ($0.46, 2 players) J:spade: 3:heart: 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.44, Hero raises to $0.96, UTG+1 raises to $4.09 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.13

Turn: ($8.64, 2 players) 8:club:

River: ($8.64, 2 players) 4:heart:

The question is obvious. Villain is seemingly standard regular for this limit. After his raise, his range was AK, TT+. Though it did play out the way I planned (expecting him to ship it, if he had QQ+), I am still wondering:
      Was this disguised check-raise (to represent a bluff on this board against the reg) the best play for value or should I have check-called and then reveal my hand by donk betting or check-raising on turn (depending on turn card)?

Hero shows J:club: J:heart: (Three of a Kind, Jacks)
      UTG+1 mucks A:diamond: A:club: (One Pair, Aces)
      Hero wins $8.21
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello faronel,

After his pot size bet on flop there I would very likely have played the same way. They are most often capable of going broke here. Nice hand! Other option would be to Check/Call the flop and donk turn. But the problem with such a line is that we don't really want to see any overcards which might kill the action.

Best regards.