Dealt to Hero J:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($0.70) 7:spade: J:heart: 7:heart:

Hero bets $0.40, BTN calls $0.40

TURN ($1.50) 7:spade: J:heart: 7:heart: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $0.80, BTN raises to $2.20, Hero folds

BTN wins $2.95

38/25 16 hands

I guess I could 3bet him preflop with this hand. He will call with weaker aces, KQ, KJ.

Turn - he called the flop and since I don't have preflop initiative, maybe I should slow down there. But on the other hand I have TPTK on drawy board, also if I check he will often float me. I could call but I will not have inforamtion where I am at, and will have to call again on the river. Now as he raises I can assume I am beat.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

From what hands do you expect to get value from on flop? Why not just let him CBet with his whole range he is stealing. You are getting much more value from him by this play than donking and making him fold a lot weaker hands.

And on turn it definitely looks like you have a weak hand and which you will very likely just Bet/Fold. :) If I had draw or any kind of PP there then I would have played the same way.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      If I had draw or any kind of PP there then I would have played the same way.

You are talking as if you were my opponent having draw or PP, or if you were me?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      If I had draw or any kind of PP there then I would have played the same way.

You are talking as if you were my opponent having draw or PP, or if you were me?
      Nah I am talking about the opponent. :D Just if I was the opponent myself and had some kind of FD. :> I'd raise as well vs your 1/2 pot size bet.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      From what hands do you expect to get value from on flop?

Actually I donk flop and it could look like a bluff, like I am representing the J. If I would not have hit, lets say I would have KQ, then I would bet and represent a J, or shouldn't I? So for the same reason when I hit, I bet and he thinks - "no this guy does not have a jack, I will call with 55". How do you think?

But letting him bluff is good option as well, I aggree.

BTW on turn, then as played what is better to do then? Check call, because if I bet bigger, he will definitely fold weaker hands? Or

I'd raise as well vs your 1/2 pot size bet.

if this is the case, then I can bet/call the raise :) By betting small I will get value from weaker jacks, underpairs, draws. And if he decides to bluff, then I get even bigger value by calling :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If you are trying to represent a bluff, then what you gonna do if he raises you? You wanna say that you can easily continue with your TP?

If you bet the flop then continue betting the turn as well but ~$1,20 to protect from any kind of draw. If he is rather passive player then he will just Check behind his draws.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      You wanna say that you can easily continue with your TP?

No, I didn't mean that I can EASILY continue, but I was thinking maybe I can continue.

But probably not wotrth to disccus turn play because the flop was played bad.

So in conclusion if I call preflop and hit and villain is agresive, then let him continue with his bluffs. If I do not hit then I can be aggresive myself and bluff. (asssuming that I don't have too much information about the opponent).
      Is that ritght?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep. :) Usually some passive opponent play just Fit/Fold if they have some small CBet and against them I do like the bet while the board is even drawy.