why the biggest MTTs are on sunday?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      So I don't understand this. I would like to play in such MTT from time to time, but I know I will have go to work on monday, so I will have to go to sleep early and that means I cannot play that tournament.

Why isn't it better to make them on saturdays? Then I play it and for me it does not matter how long will it last, because on sunday I will be able to sleep as much as I need.

I think many players should have the same problem as me.
  • 13 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      there r some MTTs on saturday (@ stars u can find alot of MTTs any day of the week), the majority of the big MTTs r on sunday b/c alot of ppl work on saturdays.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      the solution is clearly to man up and get no sleep sunday night.

you can sleep when youre dead.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Originally posted by wasy8
      the solution is clearly to man up and get no sleep sunday night.

you can sleep when youre dead.
      Another clear solution: win Sunday major -> no work on Monday.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey SPeedFANat1c,

How come you're insistent on playing BIG MAJORS? Playing fields weith 200-500 players will really help you develop as a player. If you win the Sundya Million you;ve usually ran really really well, if you win say a 10k gauranteed on ipoker or 5k gauranteed on ongame you have probably ran well but really deserved to win the comp.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      if you win say a 10k gauranteed on ipoker or 5k gauranteed on ongame you have probably ran well but really deserved to win the comp.
      Can't you say the same if you win a big major?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      You can but to win a big majjor I guess u have to win 5+ flips, run insaneeeee good.
    • antoniocalado
      antoniocalado
      Bronze
      to win a big major tournament u need to win 5+ flipps?...lollolll...thats not the way,
      read some books and get to work...will be better.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by antoniocalado
      to win a big major tournament u need to win 5+ flipps?...lollolll...thats not the way,
      ok thanks for advice bro
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      How come you're insistent on playing BIG MAJORS?

The problem is I am fish at tournamets, I am cash player. And my time for poker is very limited so I dedicate it for cash game when I study.But when the cash game runs bad, then I go to play some low BI tournaments just for fun :) Of course I would not buyin where the buyins are big, but I could try to win a buyin through satelites. But now I don't play those satelites because I know that the tournament time is not good for me.

But as one of posters suggested to search tournaments on saturday and I did, and found 30K garantied with only 3.3 $ BI. This is cool, I will probably play it if I will not plan later something on saturday.

if you win say a 10k gauranteed on ipoker

I hate tournaments on iPoker, because as I remember there are most of them with fast blinds going up. Unless I did a bad search and so did not find with 15min blind levels like on stars.

But maybe I should start to study MTTs together with cash. At least a bit, to not be a biggest sucker :)
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Go to the other part of the world then you can play it on saturday or monday? :D
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      uhhh he's right.

huge field MTTs are a giant variance fest and to win one you need to run INSANELY good.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well satruday night is party night and sunday night is MTT night. That sytem works well for me so i just hoping it stays that way.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      uhhh he's right.

huge field MTTs are a giant variance fest and to win one you need to run INSANELY good.
      ya +1, u need to run insanely good to win a big tourney (trust me i know, i have won a few medium sized tournies)