This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

why the biggest MTTs are on sunday?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      So I don't understand this. I would like to play in such MTT from time to time, but I know I will have go to work on monday, so I will have to go to sleep early and that means I cannot play that tournament.

Why isn't it better to make them on saturdays? Then I play it and for me it does not matter how long will it last, because on sunday I will be able to sleep as much as I need.

I think many players should have the same problem as me.
  • 13 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      there r some MTTs on saturday (@ stars u can find alot of MTTs any day of the week), the majority of the big MTTs r on sunday b/c alot of ppl work on saturdays.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      the solution is clearly to man up and get no sleep sunday night.

you can sleep when youre dead.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Black
      Originally posted by wasy8
      the solution is clearly to man up and get no sleep sunday night.

you can sleep when youre dead.
      Another clear solution: win Sunday major -> no work on Monday.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey SPeedFANat1c,

How come you're insistent on playing BIG MAJORS? Playing fields weith 200-500 players will really help you develop as a player. If you win the Sundya Million you;ve usually ran really really well, if you win say a 10k gauranteed on ipoker or 5k gauranteed on ongame you have probably ran well but really deserved to win the comp.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      if you win say a 10k gauranteed on ipoker or 5k gauranteed on ongame you have probably ran well but really deserved to win the comp.
      Can't you say the same if you win a big major?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      You can but to win a big majjor I guess u have to win 5+ flips, run insaneeeee good.
    • antoniocalado
      antoniocalado
      Bronze
      to win a big major tournament u need to win 5+ flipps?...lollolll...thats not the way,
      read some books and get to work...will be better.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by antoniocalado
      to win a big major tournament u need to win 5+ flipps?...lollolll...thats not the way,
      ok thanks for advice bro
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      How come you're insistent on playing BIG MAJORS?

The problem is I am fish at tournamets, I am cash player. And my time for poker is very limited so I dedicate it for cash game when I study.But when the cash game runs bad, then I go to play some low BI tournaments just for fun :) Of course I would not buyin where the buyins are big, but I could try to win a buyin through satelites. But now I don't play those satelites because I know that the tournament time is not good for me.

But as one of posters suggested to search tournaments on saturday and I did, and found 30K garantied with only 3.3 $ BI. This is cool, I will probably play it if I will not plan later something on saturday.

if you win say a 10k gauranteed on ipoker

I hate tournaments on iPoker, because as I remember there are most of them with fast blinds going up. Unless I did a bad search and so did not find with 15min blind levels like on stars.

But maybe I should start to study MTTs together with cash. At least a bit, to not be a biggest sucker :)
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Go to the other part of the world then you can play it on saturday or monday? :D
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      uhhh he's right.

huge field MTTs are a giant variance fest and to win one you need to run INSANELY good.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well satruday night is party night and sunday night is MTT night. That sytem works well for me so i just hoping it stays that way.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      uhhh he's right.

huge field MTTs are a giant variance fest and to win one you need to run INSANELY good.
      ya +1, u need to run insanely good to win a big tourney (trust me i know, i have won a few medium sized tournies)