[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh jj misplayed

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thought i had iso'd villian, but he was in bb :\

Villian 15/13/3.5 agg over 120 hands. 50% fold to c-bet vs pfr, 50% raise c-bet vs pfr.

Felt he could raise here with most pocket pairs, maybe air if he thinks i'm c-betting too much.

Maybe should have bet turn and hope for free showdown?

Dunno how to think about this hand. Could he have bet the river with worse pp's since I probably don't have a q? Or is his strong flop raise and then vlaue bet on river show I'm beat?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.09)
      BB ($10.54)
      Hero ($8.83)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($5.91)
      BTN ($4.14)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.42) 3:club: 5:diamond: Q:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $0.94, Hero calls $0.64

TURN ($2.30) 3:club: 5:diamond: Q:spade: Q:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.30) 3:club: 5:diamond: Q:spade: Q:diamond: 2:heart:

BB bets $1.40, Hero folds

BB wins $2.19
  • 4 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      First of all, he is very tight, and he's called your UTG raise OOP, so his range starts off being pretty narrow.

Board is very dry. If you think he will do this with pocket pairs like 66+ then calling here should be okay. But I don't seem him checking the turn with these pairs (looking like he wants a cheap showdown) then suddenly thinking his hand is good for a value bet on the river. Unless he thinks you'd call his river bet with A high. I also think he would block bet the river smaller.

His turn check looks super strong to me so I think he often has 33/55 here and is trying to make you make a mistake, or hopes you have some kind of Qx hand and will bet the turn. I think it's a fold on the river too.

Nice hand. Look forward to hearing Veriz's response!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

If he had a made hand then I'd expect him to Bet the turn very often as well. So either way if I called the flop I am Checking behind on turn and letting him bet the river with maybe some bluff or betting myself on turn to find out where we stand. Otherwise I'd prefer just folding it on flop. :) But now again vs such a CBet raise, can we? With TP it would be much easier.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

If he had a made hand then I'd expect him to Bet the turn very often as well. So either way if I called the flop I am Checking behind on turn and letting him bet the river with maybe some bluff or betting myself on turn to find out where we stand. Otherwise I'd prefer just folding it on flop. :) But now again vs such a CBet raise, can we? With TP it would be much easier.

Best regards.
      So can we call the river thinking like this, with knowledge he might be doing this with some kind of lower pp/missed draw? But yeah you're right about betting turn still with a made hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, he can easily have there some PPs which tries to get value from some Ax hand.