[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] AQo facing minraise

• DoigteurFou
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , Q:heart:
      MP3 raises to $0,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,75, BB folds, MP3 calls $1,25.

Flop: ($3,75) Q:spade: , 9:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,62, MP3 raises to $5,24, Hero calls $2,62.

Turn: ($14,23) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($14,23) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $14,23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Jd 9s)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (As Qh)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (As Qh)

Almost no infos on villain, and I'm not sure I had all those 20 hands on him at that time, I did not clearly remember that hand, however I'll try my best to explain what I must have though. I don't like my line here but I am clueless about how I should have played it.
      I think preflop play is standard, when I 3bet not to play OOP vs two opponents.
      Flop is quite perfect for my hand. A nice top pair on a drawy-but-not-too-much board. I Cbet as usual, and get minraised not as usual :( .
      Here, I basically though about two spades or a set/2pairs. He is unknown so it's not that easy to play. I chose to call since I have TPTK and I am given a good price to play against 2pairs imo.
      The turn is a blank, maybe completing a few gutshots he may have reraised with (but I don't think he will have a gutshot often here). But this card is not a spade, and gives an OESD to a jack. I did not want to bet not no isolate myself against the strong part of his range, because I don't want to get reraised and fold my nice TPTK. I then decided to check/call to let him semibluff again (since there are now much more semibluffs).

The river is a great card for me, killing all the possible draws (except maybe 7s8s). I chose to check/call for the same reasons as on the turn, and because there are much more "busted" draws if we take the J into this category (which the average fish would).

What do you think? I am wondering about a bet on the turn to get more value out of draws, however I was quite unsure if a draw would call a 2nd barrel here, but any hand that have me beaten would...
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      What do you think?
      - I would shove flop, since he is midstack, he would raise/call with worse hands and I don´t really see myself b/c flop and then c/f on any turn card, so easily I might get all-in on the flop
      River is easy shove, since he would call you down with one pair hands that he might easily check behind on the river

Usually don´t overthink against midstacks, who usually are fishes and play your strong hands aggressively against them
    • DoigteurFou
      That makes much more sense than my line. I don't really like to overplay TPTK against a 50BB stack, since this is the way I make money from bigstacks when I play the shortstack. But I hardly have a better choice, ty