This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] AQo facing minraise

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $26
      MP3:
      $14,23

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , Q:heart:
      MP3 raises to $0,50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,75, BB folds, MP3 calls $1,25.

Flop: ($3,75) Q:spade: , 9:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,62, MP3 raises to $5,24, Hero calls $2,62.

Turn: ($14,23) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($14,23) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $14,23

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Jd 9s)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (As Qh)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (As Qh)

Almost no infos on villain, and I'm not sure I had all those 20 hands on him at that time, I did not clearly remember that hand, however I'll try my best to explain what I must have though. I don't like my line here but I am clueless about how I should have played it.
      I think preflop play is standard, when I 3bet not to play OOP vs two opponents.
      Flop is quite perfect for my hand. A nice top pair on a drawy-but-not-too-much board. I Cbet as usual, and get minraised not as usual :( .
      Here, I basically though about two spades or a set/2pairs. He is unknown so it's not that easy to play. I chose to call since I have TPTK and I am given a good price to play against 2pairs imo.
      The turn is a blank, maybe completing a few gutshots he may have reraised with (but I don't think he will have a gutshot often here). But this card is not a spade, and gives an OESD to a jack. I did not want to bet not no isolate myself against the strong part of his range, because I don't want to get reraised and fold my nice TPTK. I then decided to check/call to let him semibluff again (since there are now much more semibluffs).

The river is a great card for me, killing all the possible draws (except maybe 7s8s). I chose to check/call for the same reasons as on the turn, and because there are much more "busted" draws if we take the J into this category (which the average fish would).

What do you think? I am wondering about a bet on the turn to get more value out of draws, however I was quite unsure if a draw would call a 2nd barrel here, but any hand that have me beaten would...
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      What do you think?
      - I would shove flop, since he is midstack, he would raise/call with worse hands and I don´t really see myself b/c flop and then c/f on any turn card, so easily I might get all-in on the flop
      River is easy shove, since he would call you down with one pair hands that he might easily check behind on the river

Usually don´t overthink against midstacks, who usually are fishes and play your strong hands aggressively against them
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      That makes much more sense than my line. I don't really like to overplay TPTK against a 50BB stack, since this is the way I make money from bigstacks when I play the shortstack. But I hardly have a better choice, ty