This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] A loose 76s

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9,79
      CO:
      $10
      Hero:
      $25,25

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:club: , 6:club:
      MP3 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,25) T:spade: , 9:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,5, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($3,25) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,5, Hero raises to $3,75, SB calls $3,25.

River: ($10,75) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5,13, SB folds.

Final Pot: $15,88

I don't know if you think my preflop play is standard or not, however I play looser than usual TAG, so it is usual for me :) . I manage to play the fish IP.

Flop is not exactly my dream with such a hand. His donkbet looks so stupid I was not sure if I had to fold my hand. I decided that he is most of the time polarized here, and I will either be able to take the pot later on by bluffing it, either getting my gutshot and play for stacks. I know the bottom end gutshot is ugly, but he is a fish :'( . Maybe a bit naive? So I make the call for I am given excellent odds.
      The turn is my dream. I valueraise his stupid bet and get called. Hope for 2pairs or stuff like that.
      River is an action killer, however I think I still have a valuebet here against a set, and that's why I did bet. Moreover, this is a fish so if I am able to find worst hands he may call with, he is even more able than me!
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Like your play. You can consider raising flop and then shoving turn, but since fishes usually doesn´t like folding then I´d prefer first making my hand and then playing it fast
      River is easy shove, since he would call you down with worse hands
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Actually I did take some time on the flop figuring out if a raise would be good. However I decided that 4 outs are not enough for this against a fish, and he may minbet to get reraised since he has a shortstack, giving me good odds after his shove to be called by a worse hand. I chose the implicit odds way to keep the s2p ratio high enough so that he doesn't have the "allin threat" on me.