[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] A loose 76s

• DoigteurFou
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:club: , 6:club:
      MP3 folds, CO checks, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2,25) T:spade: , 9:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,5, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($3,25) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,5, Hero raises to $3,75, SB calls $3,25.

River: ($10,75) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5,13, SB folds.

Final Pot: $15,88

I don't know if you think my preflop play is standard or not, however I play looser than usual TAG, so it is usual for me :) . I manage to play the fish IP.

Flop is not exactly my dream with such a hand. His donkbet looks so stupid I was not sure if I had to fold my hand. I decided that he is most of the time polarized here, and I will either be able to take the pot later on by bluffing it, either getting my gutshot and play for stacks. I know the bottom end gutshot is ugly, but he is a fish :'( . Maybe a bit naive? So I make the call for I am given excellent odds.
      The turn is my dream. I valueraise his stupid bet and get called. Hope for 2pairs or stuff like that.
      River is an action killer, however I think I still have a valuebet here against a set, and that's why I did bet. Moreover, this is a fish so if I am able to find worst hands he may call with, he is even more able than me!
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Like your play. You can consider raising flop and then shoving turn, but since fishes usually doesn´t like folding then I´d prefer first making my hand and then playing it fast
      River is easy shove, since he would call you down with worse hands
    • DoigteurFou
      Actually I did take some time on the flop figuring out if a raise would be good. However I decided that 4 outs are not enough for this against a fish, and he may minbet to get reraised since he has a shortstack, giving me good odds after his shove to be called by a worse hand. I chose the implicit odds way to keep the s2p ratio high enough so that he doesn't have the "allin threat" on me.