This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] Freeplay with a bad line?

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $35,36
      Hero:
      $25
      BU:
      $3,91

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , 7:heart:
      BU calls $0,25, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,75) 7:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,7, Hero calls $0,70, BU calls $0,70.

Turn: ($2,85) 3:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $2,66, Hero calls $2,66, BU folds.

River: ($8,17) A:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $8,17

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (8s 7c)
      Hero shows a pair of sevens (Qs 7h)

Hero wins with a pair of sevens (Qs 7h)

Preflop is standard. I am not loose enough to play OOP with such a bad hand against fishes I don't know well.

On the flop I decided to call since the board is scary and he may like to steal it sometimes with either a diamond or a pair in it. I don't think worst hands will call me if I raise though, and I don't want to turn my TP with better kicker than most of their hands (except A7 and (K7)).
      The turn is still scary, however only the 4 got in. So if I though I had the best hand on the flop I have to call here I supposed.

I see no value on the river, since the ace on the board will make fold a lot of 7 imo, so I check behind.

Calling station style or correct defense of TP with medium kicker?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would played the same way, since Sb leading range are worse hands than your tp with good kicker+ he can always have there some kind of draw
      River is easy check behind, since I´m not sure he would call there worse hands. And he may always c/c smt like A high flushdraw