This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] 53s

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $14,75
      MP3:
      $38,19
      Hero:
      $32,8

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:spade: , 3:spade:
      MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 raises to $1,00, Hero calls $1,00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,35) T:club: , 8:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      MP2 bets $0,25, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,25.

Turn: ($3,85) 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,25, Hero raises to $3,25, MP2 calls $3,00.

River: ($10,35) 4:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2, Hero calls $2,00.

Final Pot: $14,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a flush, jack high (Jc 7c)
      Hero shows (5s 3s)

MP2 wins with a flush, jack high (Jc 7c)

Preflop I chose to call since we are quite deep, the guy seemed aggressive and not very good, and I did not fear overcalls with a gaper IP. That's loose, I know it, I could as well have fold here.

Flop is lol, he could do this with any2, so I could either have the best hand, or have the right odds to draw in my 5 outs against a good hand.
      Turn is nice, so I value raise his lolbet.

On the river only the flush gets in, and he bets stronger than before. However I hardly see a fold here since a lot of fishes like to minbet/minbet/potsize, as you surely already know. However I'm not sure a raise would be correct here.

I don't think about ranges since he showed previously (I was not yet in the game but waiting for the BB to get in) a strong Q4s raised from MP. And here I simply though that thinking about his range would only kill my brain.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I might 3-bet with 53s being ip, but I think it is a little weak to call ip.
      Raise turn bigger, since board is very drawy. I think smt like 4$ would be fine.
      Getting these odds I´m not folding river