This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] what do you do here?

• vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($6.82)
      SB ($8.30)
      BB ($9.52)
      UTG ($10.17)
      MP ($8.73)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J:spade: , A:club: .
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.35, 2 folds, MP calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.77) 8:heart: , J:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.77, MP raises to $1.54, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.31

i think he has a set or overpair
  • 3 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      I think he didnt have overpair, otherwise he would bet on flopto protect him...and as i see he was also BSS player....i wont comment the play as i am playing SSS, but that is just my opinion that you were ahead;)
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      protect set against what? can villain put hero on T9 here, and protect a possible oesd? guess not... board is pretty dry imo.
      c/r normally is a strong move, i'd also check-raise a set here, cause hero was pre flop aggressor and surely is about to fire a cbet... i'd lay down w/o reads... acutally i fold AJo if i cant open raise it

edit: sry, just seen that this is NL5... guess you maybe can go broke with tptk here, villain could feel like holding the nuts w/ KJ e.g. :D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Call and reevaluate turn. He may just bluff or bet his middle pockets as its unlikely that you have hit the board.