Connection to database NOT successful!

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey. i loaded up the elephant to play just now and it says "Connection to database NOT successful! Please ensure that PostgreSQL is running and your settings are correct."

i haven't done anything to postgreSQL and it was all working fine the last time i was here, now when i open database management there are no databases...

any suggestions? i don't know anything about PostgreSQL so i don't want to mess about with it...
  • 5 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey DrDunne,

pls open up the control panel, navigate to "administrative tools" and open up "services".

Search for the postgreSQL database service and start it manually in case it's not started. You can also set it to start automatically when windows starts up.

In case the service was already started, try to create a new database within PokerStrategy.com Elephants database management.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey thanks for the reply. for some reason it just started working again, i'm sorry to keep opening threads lol. if i have problems with it again i'll wait a bit longer before i open a thread. this elephant is quite mysterious..
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup:
    • GMC989898
      GMC989898
      Silver
      Hi, I have the same problem. I tried to start database server manualy, but it show me an error:

The PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

What should I do?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GMC989898
      Hi, I have the same problem. I tried to start database server manualy, but it show me an error:

The PostgreSQL Database server 8.3 service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

What should I do?
      Let's stick to your own thread. :)

Windows 7