[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AKo - Top Two Pair

• Brevvy2190
      Brevvy2190
      Bronze
      Hey, in the last week or so I've returned to playing online poker after a few months' break and I'm hoping to be more successful in building a bankroll this time. So I thought I'd try out the hand evaluation forum :)

Today has largely been a good day as it's brought me back into the black, but I have had some good cards helping me along, unfortunately there were a couple of spots that lost me a fair chunk as well.

Just for your information, I play at Titan and I tend to buy in for 150BB rather than 100, just a personal preference of mine.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $4.98
      MP1:
      $2.22
      MP2:
      $2.96
      Hero:
      $6.7
      CO:
      $1.67

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.35) A:heart: , 7:club: , 4:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.99) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.56, Hero raises to $2.00, CO raises to $1.27 (All-In).

River: ($4.26) 9:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and kings (As Kd)
      CO shows three-of-a-kind, sevens (7h 7d)

CO wins with three-of-a-kind, sevens (7h 7d)

Obviously pre-flop didn't go perfectly with 3 opponents remaining in the hand, I think I should have raised more. I would be interested to hear what other comments you have. I will shortly be posting 2 or 3 other hands for evaluation also :)

Cheers!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Brevvy2190,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: While having 2 limpers this means we raise it bigger as well. Which is 4xBB + 1BB per limper.

As played
      Postflop: Don't CBet the flop that huge. You just telling that you have a made hand and even a strong one. Rather just make it ~$0,25 while it's pretty dry. Also on turn I'd just continue betting and against CO stack we most likely are as well going broke.

About the buy-in rule it really depends what kind of BR you have and etc. If you feel comfortable playing with bigger BI then it's definitely fine.

Best regards.