Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.17
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , A:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 5 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) K:heart: , 9:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.70, BB calls $0.48.

Turn: ($1.57) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

River: ($2.09) Q:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.13 (All-In), Hero calls $0.96 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.01

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ah Ac)
      BB shows two-pair, kings and queens (Ks Qh)

BB wins with two-pair, kings and queens (Ks Qh)

hey i got a little stuck here. turns out i had him beat all the way to the river but i have a few questions. should i have shoved to his raise on the flop? looking back maybe i should have done... also, since i made it to the river i felt pretty pot committed.. so this is why i called his bet. and finally i actually don't know how much i should raise someone's bet... is it the size of the pot including action so far in that round + 2* opponent's bet? advices please :D
  • 4 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      I like the re-raise on the flop, but then i also feel to protect your hand you need to re-raise on the turn, as he only bets $0.26 into $1.57, so i think here im shoving.

Oh and not sure about how much exactly to re-raise to, but i usually re-raise about 3-4 times the inital raise, hope this helped mate. :)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ye i guess a shove on the turn would probably have been better... i really thought he had me by the turn :( i know AA is not an immortal hand and i hate it when i'm not all in preflop with it. and KK as well..
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Yhyh always annoys me wen i get AA or KK, and dont get it in Preflop and end up losing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

While he is even over-betting the flop I'd really be inclined to just Call and reevaluate it on further streets. He can easily have sets/2pair type of hands there as well and against them we just isolate ourselves.

And if you raised the flop then why don't you just ship it on turn? Wasn't your idea to go broke?

Best regards.