This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From Rags to Riches, a low stakes blog

• TheCozlol
      TheCozlol
      Bronze
      Hello all :D

I'll start by introducing myself, my names Colin, i'm 20 and live in the UK.

I have a strong interest in poker and recently decided im going to make a go of it properly.

I have took down a few biggish tournaments in my time, live and non-live for about $3000 total earnings in the past 2 - 3 years, Most of this accredited to running good in $3 MTTs and having no bankroll management and playing in stakes higher than would be advised :)

Anywho, after playing around with the $50 starting capital. Raising it to $150 then dropping it back and forth and so on while I try to find a comfortable level. I have finally settled at NL4 3-tabling BSS.

:club: :diamond: :heart: :spade:

So, whats this blog about?

Its going to be me (hopefully) grinding NL4 to NL25 and all the heartaches and heartpounding excitement that comes with the lower limits.

I will be posting exciting hands, tricky spots and the headscratchers, along with feedback and thought processes. I might even include the occasional video with me chatting live about thought processes.

I hope to receive a good load of feedback to help improve my game and I hope to maybe help a person or two along thier way to beating me aswell :) .

Thanks All
      Cheers :D
  • 6 replies
    • w0rm24
      w0rm24
      Bronze
      Wow, I get to follow a blog from the very first post! Exciting stuff :D

GL dude, I shall be keeping an eye on you!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome to our blog section and good luck! :D

Ingrid
    • TheCozlol
      TheCozlol
      Bronze
      So Interesting day today. Up and down.

Im sitting at -$25 all-in EV, so been getting unlucky today. However finished 1k hands with a $5 profit. Not much, but better than a loss :)

Heres an interesting hand today:

***** Hand History for Game 10719440573 *****
      $4 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, July 26, 13:05:39 EDT 2011
      Table Speed #2410019 (No DP) (Real Money)
      Seat 1 is the button
      Total number of players : 9/9
      Seat 5: DeCoz ( $5.23 USD )
      Seat 2: IskRitkyT ( $5.03 USD )
      Seat 9: Keicam06 ( $4.04 USD )
      Seat 1: Lovastoni ( $6.94 USD )
      Seat 4: Pirate_J ( $4.24 USD )
      Seat 8: Wojtas30 ( $4.78 USD )
      Seat 7: alekyur ( $1.54 USD )
      Seat 6: mvanstraaten ( $1.36 USD )
      Seat 3: sickold ( $1.40 USD )
      IskRitkyT posts small blind [$0.02 USD].
      sickold posts big blind [$0.04 USD].

** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to DeCoz [ Ah Qs ]
      Pirate_J folds
      DeCoz raises [$0.16 USD]
      mvanstraaten calls [$0.16 USD]
      alekyur folds
      Wojtas30 folds
      Keicam06 calls [$0.16 USD]
      Lovastoni folds
      IskRitkyT folds
      sickold folds

So, I get dealt AQo in utg+1 and decide that I will raise as the table is kind of loose, if i hit A or Q i can probaly take it down after the flop, or even preflop. my cbet usually gets everyone to fold

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, Qh, 4h ]
      DeCoz checks
      mvanstraaten checks
      Keicam06 checks

So cant believe my luck here, I hit top two on a 3 way dry board. I check for deception as I believe they are holding small cards and dont want them to fold as I have a monster

** Dealing Turn ** [ 8c ]
      DeCoz bets [$0.26 USD]
      mvanstraaten calls [$0.26 USD]
      Keicam06 folds

Now i make a small 1/2 pot bet and get one caller. Aslong as the river isnt something disgusting im pretty sure I can get a value bet on the river. At this point I put the caller on Ax, JJ, or small pocker pairs, no sets

** Dealing River ** [ 3c ]
      DeCoz bets [$1.01 USD]
      mvanstraaten is all-In [$0.94 USD]

So river is a blank. im pretty sure I have the hand locked up and put him all in. If he has Ax, Qx or any small pair, he will definetly call. To my shock...

DeCoz shows [ Ah, Qs ]two pairs, Aces and Queens.
      mvanstraaten shows [ Qc, Qd ]three of a kind, Queens.
      DeCoz wins $0.07 USD from the side pot 1 with two pairs, Aces and Queens.
      mvanstraaten wins $2.80 USD from the main pot with three of a kind, Queens.

Well, No preflop 3 bet, no cbet and no 3 bet on the turn confused the shit out of me. IS it ever possible to put your oppenent on a set of queens when you hold one? Could I of played this better?

Thanks all :)
    • TheCozlol
      TheCozlol
      Bronze
      Crazy Day Today!

So I woke up and decided to play 3 x $1 and 1 x $3 45 man STT.

I binked the top prize in the $3 for $45 so im a happy guy today, nice boost to the bankroll :) .

I ran so horridly in cash games today, loosing 3 BI in about 100 hands, but through grinding and my big hands holding up, i managed to Break Even :) .

Now about to go for a $1k guaranteed on Partypoker so wish me luck all, will post the results later.

Cheers
      :D
    • TheCozlol
      TheCozlol
      Bronze
      Sorry for double post, but just doubled up in the first hand.

I had pocket aces, hit a set on the flop.
      Slow played as it was a horrible dry board.

He hit his set of deuces on the turn, and spewed his chips into my pocket.

Running good :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Don't worry about that AQ hand, just a cooler :D No way can you put him on a set there, for QQ you would expect a 3bet preflop, probably not a bet on the flop since it's so dry, maybe a raise on the turn but still, it's a very dry board. But you played it fine in my opinion. The check on the flop is fine since the flop is so dry. A small bet to get people to call with bluffcatchers on the turn is fine (Although i'd probably make it a bit bigger so the value shove on the river is smaller in relation to the pot, but i didn't even add the pot up properly, just a quick guess :D ).