[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR 74s from BB - turn flush, villain shoves 90BB in on river

• Brevvy2190
      Brevvy2190
      Bronze
      Should I have folded or called? How often will villain be playing a straight or top set and how often will he actually have the better flush?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1.9
      Hero:
      $3.36

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      6 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.04) 9:diamond: , 8:club: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.04) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

River: ($0.12) 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB raises $1.84 (All-In), Hero calls $1.84.

Final Pot: $3.80

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows a flush, ace high (Kd Td)
      Hero shows (7d 4d)

SB wins with a flush, ace high (Kd Td)
  • 2 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      Raise the turn here imo. The only thing that could change at that point is that it gets worse because another diamond comes on the river and then your 74 is looking pretty poor.

Chances of him having 2 diamonds are not so great so going all-in in principal I think is fine, but if he raises all-in in front of you, I'm not sure if that still holds. I'm sure the coach can shed some light on that :)

Actually looking at it again you should prob also have bet the flop. You've got the flush draw and a gutshot straight, i.e. a pretty strong drawing hand.

Suppose for a minute villain had something like Ahx and the turn came Ac instead of Ad. Now you've given him a free chance to draw top pair, he's going to bet into you and you'll most likely have to fold.

Bet the flop, raise the turn, maybe consider folding to a reraise but I think I would call. At this limit he might be slowplaying aces and not even realize there's a flush out there :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Brevvy2190,

Flop: Bet the flop yourself after he Checks. You may easily even take down the pot right there.

As played
      Turn: You can as well consider throwing a small raise.
      River: Snap-fold for me. I don't see much we beat. Most likely it's a very strong hand, they don't shove with worse.

Best regards.