[NL2-NL10] nl2 - Good play or spewy?

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      The line worked well, according to my HUD opponent had c-bet 100% of turns & flops. He had an aggression factor of 5.

I was surprised to see lower AF in elephant, I think he toned it down after this hand.

Put him on air on the turn, but was this bad play in the long run?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.08
      BB:
      $1.12
      MP1:
      $0.47
      CO:
      $0.36
      Hero:
      $1.96

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:heart: , 5:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.11, SB calls $0.10, BB calls $0.09, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 8:heart: , 6:diamond: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.19, SB calls $0.19, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.75) A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $1.66 (All-In), SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $2.25
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

I don't like the play at all. Even if he had AF of 5, you had only small sample for him. I'd really be more inclined to just give it up on turn without knowing the opponent better.

Of course it doesn't make sense for him to bet it pot size on turn. If he wants to get value then why not just Check/Raise or anything similar. But now again do we really want to make the hero-play? On those limits I wouldn't. :)

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I think that was the thing, his play just screamed bluff to me. Most times I would fold anyway, but in this instant I followed my gut instinct rather than my better judgement.

When I post hands on the forum, I usually look for the hands I think I played worst. Need someone to remind me it was stupid play so that I can try to improve if the situation was to occur again.

If you had been impressed by my kamakaze move I would have been confused ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      At least it's good that you don't post loosing hands. Some have such a habit and don't even look into their winnings hands. Also it was the same for me when I started with poker, main reason for posting was to get criticism about my hand and with it I would change my play. Was posting a lot of hands. :D The more you post the more you get and the more you fix.