Stack
      MP2:
      $36,86
      Hero:
      $46,44
      BU:
      $25,38

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU raises to $3,50, 3 folds, Hero calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,60) K:spade: , 9:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5,32, Hero calls $5,32.

Turn: ($18,24) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $12,77, Hero raises to $37,62 (All-In), BU calls $3,79 (All-In).

River: ($72,42) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $72,42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows double paire, kings and queens (Kh Qh)
      BU shows (As Kd)

Hero wins with double paire, kings and queens (Kh Qh)

Here it is. As to my numbers, I have quite a loose PFR, around 30 at CO and 40-45 on the BU. This player did 3bet me twice in the last 15 hands, and it looked like an adaptation to me. I did not want to 4bet bluff with such a hand, even though I am not confident in the call. But I feel that the fold is a mistake. Maybe you can tell me something about it, and maybe how to react to increased 3bet frequency on our loose positions (I generally tend to simply fold a lot to 3bets, and if the frequency starts to really look like he is exploiting me I start to 4bet bluff a little bit, but I have a hard time calling the 3bets in general)
      Here's about the preflop.

On the flop I think the c/c is ok, since there is no point c/raising here, as it would scare away hands like TT-QQ or maybe some loose A9, T9s-98s-87s.

The turn is a dream, and he does 2nd barrel here.. I think I don't have a lot of choices here, if I don't put my stack in the middle with top2 there was no point calling preflop, so I check/shove to get called mostly by AK, AQ, and AA, since I won't extract more value out of TT-JJ, and I am behind QQ, KK, and 99 roughly. I chose to check/shove instead of donk because he had a high 2nd barrel value.
      Against a standard 40-50% 2nd barrel value I'm wondering which would have been better. My reflex would have been to donk I suppose.

Evaluation? Preflop play is bad I guess as I got lucky on the turn. I was about to check/call two streets here with my king, and had no real plan against a 3rd barrel except to fold...
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think we have either to 4bet bluff or fold preflop. Calling is kinda bad because we are going to be OOP and we will have to c/f a lot flops which will result in us losing money.

On the other hand since his 3bet is rather big we will have to put around 30% of our stack preflop (if we raise it 2.2x and if we raise it 2.5x we will have to put 35%) so I would puke fold here preflop.

Postflop is standart I think.

Best,
      Plamen
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Gold
      If a reg starts to 3bet you a lot from BU vs CO, the adaptation oop should be 4bet bluffing more. But this is not a perfect spot for this, because you've already isolated a limper, which means a stronger action from you, so his 3bet should also be a stronger move here.
      I would fold this preflop. Postflop, after he cbets 70% of the pot, we are in a terrible situation, because it smells like a big (unbalanced) value cbet in a 3bet pot, but how could you fold this after calling him preflop...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Likely call pf is fine if you´re playing for stacks against loose player
      So either c/r flop ro c/c flop and c/rai on blank turn cards should be the best play postflop after calling pf