This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] KQs, problems starts preflop

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $36,86
      Hero:
      $46,44
      BU:
      $25,38

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU raises to $3,50, 3 folds, Hero calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,60) K:spade: , 9:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5,32, Hero calls $5,32.

Turn: ($18,24) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $12,77, Hero raises to $37,62 (All-In), BU calls $3,79 (All-In).

River: ($72,42) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $72,42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows double paire, kings and queens (Kh Qh)
      BU shows (As Kd)

Hero wins with double paire, kings and queens (Kh Qh)

Here it is. As to my numbers, I have quite a loose PFR, around 30 at CO and 40-45 on the BU. This player did 3bet me twice in the last 15 hands, and it looked like an adaptation to me. I did not want to 4bet bluff with such a hand, even though I am not confident in the call. But I feel that the fold is a mistake. Maybe you can tell me something about it, and maybe how to react to increased 3bet frequency on our loose positions (I generally tend to simply fold a lot to 3bets, and if the frequency starts to really look like he is exploiting me I start to 4bet bluff a little bit, but I have a hard time calling the 3bets in general)
      Here's about the preflop.

On the flop I think the c/c is ok, since there is no point c/raising here, as it would scare away hands like TT-QQ or maybe some loose A9, T9s-98s-87s.

The turn is a dream, and he does 2nd barrel here.. I think I don't have a lot of choices here, if I don't put my stack in the middle with top2 there was no point calling preflop, so I check/shove to get called mostly by AK, AQ, and AA, since I won't extract more value out of TT-JJ, and I am behind QQ, KK, and 99 roughly. I chose to check/shove instead of donk because he had a high 2nd barrel value.
      Against a standard 40-50% 2nd barrel value I'm wondering which would have been better. My reflex would have been to donk I suppose.

Evaluation? Preflop play is bad I guess as I got lucky on the turn. I was about to check/call two streets here with my king, and had no real plan against a 3rd barrel except to fold...
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think we have either to 4bet bluff or fold preflop. Calling is kinda bad because we are going to be OOP and we will have to c/f a lot flops which will result in us losing money.

On the other hand since his 3bet is rather big we will have to put around 30% of our stack preflop (if we raise it 2.2x and if we raise it 2.5x we will have to put 35%) so I would puke fold here preflop.

Postflop is standart I think.

Best,
      Plamen
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      If a reg starts to 3bet you a lot from BU vs CO, the adaptation oop should be 4bet bluffing more. But this is not a perfect spot for this, because you've already isolated a limper, which means a stronger action from you, so his 3bet should also be a stronger move here.
      I would fold this preflop. Postflop, after he cbets 70% of the pot, we are in a terrible situation, because it smells like a big (unbalanced) value cbet in a 3bet pot, but how could you fold this after calling him preflop...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Likely call pf is fine if you´re playing for stacks against loose player
      So either c/r flop ro c/c flop and c/rai on blank turn cards should be the best play postflop after calling pf