[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] A9o hits a TP vs a maniac/fish

• DoigteurFou
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , 9:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,75, SB folds, BB calls $0,50.

Flop: ($1,60) 9:heart: , 3:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1,25, BB raises to $2,50, Hero calls $1,25.

Turn: ($6,60) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $6,16, Hero raises to $22,00 (All-In), BB calls $15,83 (All-In).

River: ($50,59) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $50,59

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows double paire, nines and threes (Ad 9s)
      BB shows (5d 4s)

Hero wins with double paire, nines and threes (Ad 9s)

Preflop is standard.
      Flop I cbet as usual and get minraised. I was not really sure about how to play here. I was pretty sure I was up against a draw, but I was not really sure a 3bet on the flop would have been rewarded with a call. I then decided to call IP to let him bluff again.
      On the turn only 44 and two gutshots got in. His bet is large compared with the minraise (showing he knows more things than just clicking on "raise" or "pot" but that he can choose between them). It seemed quite strange to me that he would decide to pot if he got his good hand since I was quite confident he noticed I am reluctant to call potsize bets. Being quite sure I was up against a draw, I though it was time to protect my hand and pushed.

However I did change my mind between the flop and the turn from "I'll let him bluff" to "I have to protect my hand". Don't really like it, but don't really another way to play such a weak TPTK against a bad player.
  • 1 reply