This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] Nines like to meet on the board

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $35,06
      Hero:
      $27,63

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      MP2 raises to $1,00, MP3 folds, Hero calls $1,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) T:heart: , 9:diamond: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1,65, Hero calls $1,65.

Turn: ($5,65) 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,65) 7:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $6,25, MP2 calls $6,25.

Final Pot: $18,15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Ah As)
      Hero shows carré, nines (9s 9c)

Hero wins with carré, nines (9s 9c)

Preflop I didn't 3bet because I often give credit to the UTG openraising ranges of regulars. the sample was not high enough though to have a precise idea of his positionnal awareness with his PFR.

On the flop things are fine, so far my line looks like a float.

On the turn I don't like my check behind, however I did not want my float to work :D

River is nice card because on J8 got in, which is not likely. I decide to overbet for value, trying to look like a stealer hoping for the overpair to call.

I don't like my turn check behind and my overbet river, I think his call is ugly on that spot. I just though that the only hands which could call me were overpairs, and that a standard bet would be looking like a valuebet against overpairs.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      6-handed I´d raise flop, since:
      - you´re hu, so he can easily put you on draw or that you´re making move, so I doubt he would b/f Tx+
      - you sometimes want to attack these board, so it is nice if you have there also sets in your range

I´d bet/call turn, since you want to build pot and if he is giving up then you really don´t get any more money out of him.

River overbet should be fine