This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] A loose T5s

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,85
      MP2:
      $11,57

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 5:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,50, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,25.

Flop: ($1,10) A:spade: , J:spade: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($1,10) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP2 raises to $3,02, Hero calls $2,02.

River: ($7,14) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $22,33 (All-In), MP2 calls $8,05 (All-In).

Final Pot: $37,52

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high (Qs 6s)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ts 5s)

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high (Qs 6s)
      Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Ts 5s)

I am given excellent odds to play a marginal hand against a poor player heads-up. I think it is EV+ to play such a fish even OOP with such a poor hand so I just call.

Flop is nice for me. He could his plenty of good pairs (from a fish's point of view) and I have a 3rd nut FD. I plan to go c/c to keep the s2p ratio good enough. I don't want fold equity but implied odds against a station (I think this is the right though process?)

Turn is a mistake imo, when I should have bet way less if I wanted to bet. However I will explain it: he is a fish so he may have raised poor hands that did not make any pair, and I could have taken the pot here instead of waiting for a spade. Also, if he calls, then he is likely to call even more easily if the pot looks big on the river

Whe he raised me, it was quite obvious he had either 2pairs or a queen, and that he would fold neither. I am given 2.5:1, and he has still 8€ behind, which makes my odds around 6.5:1, which seemed correct to me for a call.

River is standard shove, and I guess this is just a cooler.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer betting out myself on that board, although c/c might also be fine
      You likely have to b/c turn to then shove river or if you hit your Tx I guess you have to c/c then also on the river