[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] A loose T5s

• DoigteurFou
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 5:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0,50, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,25.

Flop: ($1,10) A:spade: , J:spade: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($1,10) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, MP2 raises to $3,02, Hero calls $2,02.

River: ($7,14) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero raises $22,33 (All-In), MP2 calls $8,05 (All-In).

Final Pot: $37,52

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high (Qs 6s)
      Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ts 5s)

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high (Qs 6s)
      Hero wins with a flush, ace high (Ts 5s)

I am given excellent odds to play a marginal hand against a poor player heads-up. I think it is EV+ to play such a fish even OOP with such a poor hand so I just call.

Flop is nice for me. He could his plenty of good pairs (from a fish's point of view) and I have a 3rd nut FD. I plan to go c/c to keep the s2p ratio good enough. I don't want fold equity but implied odds against a station (I think this is the right though process?)

Turn is a mistake imo, when I should have bet way less if I wanted to bet. However I will explain it: he is a fish so he may have raised poor hands that did not make any pair, and I could have taken the pot here instead of waiting for a spade. Also, if he calls, then he is likely to call even more easily if the pot looks big on the river

Whe he raised me, it was quite obvious he had either 2pairs or a queen, and that he would fold neither. I am given 2.5:1, and he has still 8€ behind, which makes my odds around 6.5:1, which seemed correct to me for a call.

River is standard shove, and I guess this is just a cooler.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I´d prefer betting out myself on that board, although c/c might also be fine
      You likely have to b/c turn to then shove river or if you hit your Tx I guess you have to c/c then also on the river