This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] Be aggressive against the shortstacks!!!

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,57
      BB:
      $21,32
      CO:
      $9,35
      BU:
      $23,68

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      CO raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, Hero calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($4,00) T:heart: , 9:club: , 8:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $3, BB folds, CO calls $3,00, BU folds.

Turn: ($10,00) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, CO calls $5,35 (All-In).

River: ($22,35) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $22,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a pair of aces (Ah Jc)
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jd)

CO wins with a pair of aces (Ah Jc)
      Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Js Jd)

Preflop I though a while about 3betting, however JJ is a hand that can play quite well against fishes, so I wanted to keep BU and tempt BB in. I chose so because I preferred playing multiway OOP with fishes in (virtually forcing the openraiser to play ABC poker) than a 3bet pot OOP vs only one opponent. However I suppose 3bet/broke w/ JJ against an assumed bad shortstack (very few hands) on CO is standard?

I donk the flop for I have an excellent equity against most hands and I have a lot of value to take out of the fishes I kept in the hand.

I don't like the turn, but he is short so I simply move allin when I still have equity against other overpairs, sets, or 2pairs as I will never fold to one of his bets.

Ok line?
  • 2 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      I would rather squeeze this preflop, we are oop and JJ is quite vulnerable and hard to play in a multiway pot. After 3betting here, the shortstack would push a lot with a wider range we have good equity against.
      As played i would also donk this flop, and push the rest on the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you´re oop against 2 players who likely one of them would call your 3-bet with quite wide range, so to me it is easy 3-bet pf to 3.5$ adn then playing for stacks against BU most flops.
      Post flop is fine. You´re not folding your hand and c/r might be overplayed your hand, so I´m fine leading flop and putting him all-in on the turn