[NL20-NL50] [NL 25 SH] Be aggressive against the shortstacks!!!

• DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,57
      BB:
      $21,32
      CO:
      $9,35
      BU:
      $23,68

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      CO raises to $1,00, BU calls $1,00, Hero calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($4,00) T:heart: , 9:club: , 8:club: (4 players)
      Hero bets $3, BB folds, CO calls $3,00, BU folds.

Turn: ($10,00) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, CO calls $5,35 (All-In).

River: ($22,35) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $22,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows a pair of aces (Ah Jc)
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jd)

CO wins with a pair of aces (Ah Jc)
      Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Js Jd)

Preflop I though a while about 3betting, however JJ is a hand that can play quite well against fishes, so I wanted to keep BU and tempt BB in. I chose so because I preferred playing multiway OOP with fishes in (virtually forcing the openraiser to play ABC poker) than a 3bet pot OOP vs only one opponent. However I suppose 3bet/broke w/ JJ against an assumed bad shortstack (very few hands) on CO is standard?

I donk the flop for I have an excellent equity against most hands and I have a lot of value to take out of the fishes I kept in the hand.

I don't like the turn, but he is short so I simply move allin when I still have equity against other overpairs, sets, or 2pairs as I will never fold to one of his bets.

Ok line?
  • 2 replies
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Diamond
      I would rather squeeze this preflop, we are oop and JJ is quite vulnerable and hard to play in a multiway pot. After 3betting here, the shortstack would push a lot with a wider range we have good equity against.
      As played i would also donk this flop, and push the rest on the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      you´re oop against 2 players who likely one of them would call your 3-bet with quite wide range, so to me it is easy 3-bet pf to 3.5$ adn then playing for stacks against BU most flops.
      Post flop is fine. You´re not folding your hand and c/r might be overplayed your hand, so I´m fine leading flop and putting him all-in on the turn