100% ROI possible on low stakes SNGs?!

• revs90
      revs90
      Bronze
      I'd heard the competition on this room was pretty fishy, and it might be the fact that 1.20$ & 2.90$ SNGs are so easy to beat but, I've never had a 100%+ ROI on any other room before! Of course, I have a mini-mini-tournament sample (35 games), but still, it doesn't seem to be getting harder than this any time soon. I wonder if it's possible to keep it up over 1k+ tournies. Hah. :)

So... What are your thoughts on this? :p
  • 15 replies
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it is pretty hard to hold such a roi
      but I'm pretty curious how your roi develops
      ever thought about starting a blog http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435 about your 888 carrier?

Cheers,

Pascal
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      absolutely not. 500 is considered a small sample size, 35 is just lol.

youre running hot for your first 35, that is all. doesn't mean you're not potentially playing well, but you're definitely running hot.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Not to discouarage you or anything but you will often get in with the best hand and lose. Doesn't mean that you're not playing well; it's just how card games are. So your ROI will diminish. Might be possible for 50 - 80 games but other than that I don't see it happening.

Keep your hand histories and review them. See what you're doing right, and keep doing it.
    • revs90
      revs90
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8

youre running hot for your first 35, that is all. doesn't mean you're not potentially playing well, but you're definitely running hot.
      Yeah I'm well aware of this, I had about 500-600 games on FT before they closed it down and held a steady 20% ROI on 5$ & 10$.

But 888 is a completely different story, it's just so easy to run over these players! I win most of my tournies with very few showdowns, all the other pots I take without one.

Not to discouarage you or anything but you will often get in with the best hand and lose. Doesn't mean that you're not playing well; it's just how card games are. So your ROI will diminish. Might be possible for 50 - 80 games but other than that I don't see it happening.
      Keep your hand histories and review them. See what you're doing right, and keep doing it.

I had already thought about this and I AM keeping my hand histories and as soon as I see my game's starting to become worse, I'll check them out. I also had kept my old FT SNG hand histories, would be fun to run through a few of them and compare. :P

By the way, I have lost about 7 SNGs and a few of them were just the stupid standard you see at micro tournaments, "My-AA-gets-beat-by-52o-AIPF"
      I wasn't really hoping to keep up the 100%, but say 50% doesn't sound too far-reached, even though I heard most people keep up a 20%. Meh. :/

Hi, I think it is pretty hard to hold such a roi but I'm pretty curious how your roi develops ever thought about starting a blog http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1435 about your 888 carrier?

I thought about it, I like reading other people's blogs so why not make my own. :) I kinda lost motivation after FT closed down, when they opened it back up for a while, my BR went from 500 to 100 in one morning haha. Didn't want to put one penny of my own money to play, but when I saw the 8$ offer I told myself, why not try again? :P

Thanks for the replies :) .
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      No.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      no way. in micro s&g's variance is to high and other enemy is big rake in the most poker rooms. Also if u play turbos or superturbos then be prepaired to unreal variance, u will have to play tons of those in a month to make profit and beat variance. Good help is rakeback or at least good VIp system, helps a lot when playing s & g's.
    • rakamazilaci
      rakamazilaci
      Bronze
      But anyone can make 1000000000000000000000% ROI on freerolls :)
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      It is, virtually impossible.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      How is the rake for micros on 888?
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      It would be unsurprising to get 100% return on 35 tournaments if you were break-even. Hence not really worth mentioning at all.
    • revs90
      revs90
      Bronze
      It's ok. $1 tournies is the usual 20c, there are no $2 tournaments, only 2.50 + 0.40 rake, which I dislike. $5+50c, $10+$1, $22+$2. Higher than that I have no idea, I've got my filter activated to only see low/mid SNGs :p.

On-topic: Bottom line is, I guess it's just an upswing. Thanks to it I was pretty lucky and was able to beat $1 SNGs with a $8 BR hehe :] I'm pretty sure I'm able to keep up a pretty solid ROI playing (not break-even...) on 888 since the field is realy soft without many surprises.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      300+ mtt and sng, avridge bi 1.48$ roi 128% itm 16% yes, its possible.
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by reggie123
      300+ mtt and sng, avridge bi 1.48$ roi 128% itm 16% yes, its possible.
      ...with MTTs included of course this is possible. OP is referring to STSNGs only of which 100% ROI over decent (1000plus) sample size is impossible and unheard of.
      End of story.
    • ulairiiii
      ulairiiii
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by revs90
      Originally posted by wasy8

Yeah I'm well aware of this, I had about 500-600 games on FT before they closed it down and held a steady 20% ROI on 5$ & 10$.

In turbo or reglar speed?
    • revs90
      revs90
      Bronze
      Regular Speed. I've never tried turbos tbh.

I get it guys, it's pretty much impossible. >_< I'm already down to about 80% after a few more 10s of games. Wonder if I can keep a, say, 25% ROI over a 1k sample. That'd be a challenge :D