$6.95
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO (Hero):
      $11.44
      BU:
      $8.63

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) K, 2, 7 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.20, MP3 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($3.35) A (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.20, MP3 raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $9.84, MP3 calls $3.90.

River: ($21.59) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.59.

The reason i chose the line to cold call instead of 3bet is because i felt that my 3b would only keep stronger hands in play due to his high fold to 3b stat. Button and blinds are extremely tight players and are not likely to limp. My preflop plan for the hand was to extract value from weaker aces and kings in case i hit tptk on the flop or try to float on a good turn card.
      When he cbets the flop i raise to extract value from weaker kings and to protect against flush draws. When he calls i put him on AK, AQ(he has very high went to showdown and i have very aggressive image so he might think he is good, also i saw him call flop raises and give up on the turn before), AsJs, AsTs, KK+,KJs, KQ, QsJs, JsTs, Ts9s,87s, 77+, 22,. and i have around 70% equity against this range. Ace hits the turn, he checks and I interpret this as weakness so i bet to further protect my hand against draws. When he min raises me what should i make of this action and how should i narrow his range further. I know min raises usually mean strong hands especially at nl 10. Is his range then only AK, KK+, 77, 22, or is there any chance that nl10 regular is semibluffing me with a draw. Is shove a +EV play in this spot. Calling is definitely not an option so should i fold or shove.

Thnx in advance
  • 4 replies
    • jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      Imo since you under-repped your hand a bit preflop he can't put you on AK, so when you raise the flop I think to him it looks like KQ, PP or bluff, so when the ace hits, he could think he's good with AQ, AJ. Why isn't calling the turn an option? Wouldn't it make sense to flat turn and re-evaluate on river instead of shipping it against what you think is a very strong range?
    • sicazoRsb
      sicazoRsb
      Bronze
      all-in on the turn imo is the best line here.
    • Supremace
      Supremace
      Bronze
      Calling the turn is not an option because I become pot commited on the river since I can't fold top two pair while getting 4:1 on my money to his all in bet on any river card.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Supremace,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

The problem is that he may as well even have some A FD or even himself 2pairs. Also as you went for value on flop then very likely I am going broke on turn as well with my top2. Of course I am not Calling. Either way I am giving up to the min-raise or shipping it to protect our hand.

Best regards.